America and the ICC

Discussion in 'Community' started by job, Jul 2, 2002.

1. job macrumors 68040

job

I just wanted to throw this out for discussion as I stumbled accross this very interesting article while surfing. Be sure to read the third paragaph.

hitman

2. sturm375 macrumors 6502

Who watches the watchers

Given the end of the article says that being the last superpower, the US will naturaly be targets, who has the responsibility to see that this ICC is just. I have not problem with an international court system, as long as we can be fairly sure there won't be corruption.

I do see that in Washington, there is so much hypocrisy. When an American is in trouble, we go to extrems to "rescue" them. However we turn a blind eye to anyone else. Just look at Bush Jr.'s first foreign emergency: the spy plane over China. In America, there was a public cry to "rescue" thos airmen at any cost, even going to war with China. Now we have "enemy combantents" incarserated in Guantanamo Bay, as well as an American citizen(Dirty Bomber), without representation, because it is in our best intrest.

I just wish we, as a nation, could get our head out of our collective @$$, and try to view our actions through different persptectives before trampling on others rights.

If it is good for us(America), it is good foreign policy.

If it is bad for us, even if it in the long run will benefit the rest of the world, it is bad foreign policy.:mad: