American Airline vs. Nuns?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Krizoitz, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

First American Airlines had the evangelizing pilot (thread here)

Now they are afraid of some nuns?

Is this some sort of over-reaction to the earlier story? Or is there something they aren't telling us?

2. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

They were really being over cautious in this case. A group of Nuns in there habit is the last that I would suspect. I wonder also what information they are holding back.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

nuns should not be any more immune to the rediculous security measure in place than anyone else. otherwise "terrorists" would just wear priest collars, monk robes, and "jesus is my saviour" tshirts to get on board.

that is, of course, assuming that there remains a terrorist threat.

paul

4. Krizoitz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

I don't think they should be immune to being searched thats for sure, I think anyone who travels should have to face the fact they might be searched. What bothers me is that supposedly the crew didn't want them as a group on the plane. And that they were singled out as a group, and finnally not allowed on the plane.

I don't think they should be given a free pass to ride without inspection, but I don't think they should be singled out either.

5. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

I understand people are being overly-cautious when it comes to flight safety, but this seems a tad overboard. It looks like we don't have enough facts to determine the nature of the incident, though, so I'll give the airline the benefit of the doubt. Better safe than sorry, you know?

Ok, who's gonna be the first to come up with a joke about "The Flying Nun"? :D