American Dad

Discussion in 'Community' started by OutThere, Feb 8, 2005.

1. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

Anyone seen the pilot episode? ***** hilarious imo, but some of my mates disagree...

2. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

plenty of people here didn't like it, but I thought it was funny and pretty topical. I like the whole god / bush / cheny thing

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

TV whats that? i only know about this internet thing....

4. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It was ok. I thought Family Guy was a bit much at first, but it grew on me. Maybe this will too. It just doesn't seem as good. And it's no Futurama (or Invader Zim, for that matter).

Sigh, why are the good ones always cancelled too soon? RIP Wonderfalls.

5. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

AmigoMac

Dude, here it's 1:30 AM and you made my day already :p ... my girl can't read your post or she will kil"%$£!@&* me ... :eek:

6. applekid macrumors 68020

About time someone made a thread! :)

I was wondering what people thought of it, too. It got a thumbs down from most of the people at school. Was there a certain amount of slant towards the left or right? That *could* explain it, if true.

7. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

I just thought it wasn't nearly as funny as family guy. It almost seemed like a place for jokes that weren't quite funny enough to make it into family guy. The only really funny character was the goldfish klaus.

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

after the initial "hi JOHN, how are you doing?" "im fine SUSAN. how are you" and so forth i thought it was absolutely hilarious, especially when he had kidnapped hilary duff.

9. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

I thought it was funny although Family Guy, i think, is still much better.

10. OutThere thread starter macrumors 603

OutThere

I can't get over the toast popping moment - when the toast pops and he swings around and shoots it with an entire clip. Haha! It's hilarious to watch, and very much a (extreme) look at how our country is today. :D

btw - I def. think it had a left slant.

11. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

for anybody who missed it Cartoon Network is playing it again sometime this week, i'll post the time later.

12. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I thought it was funny...not Family-Guy-funny, but still funny.

I liked the God/Bush/Cheney thing, as well as the part where he's driving home with all the glass shards stuck in his face..."okay I overdid it a little."

13. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

did the german fish bother anyone else...? although i must say, about the only time i chuckled was when the guy was going down on the skies puckering like a fish. Not quite as good as Family Guy in my opinion. But it could be that I was spoiled. And I didn't like the alien.. whose voice is a mixture of a gay peter and cleveland's.

14. PyroTurtle macrumors regular

it's trying to be family guy, but from the left (as some have mentioned). i like family guy because it kinda stays centric, but this one is very biased, and there's only so long that it's funny.

i think they should cancel this show and bring back either futurama or invader zim (as someone else already mentioned). just a thought....

15. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I thought it was kinda funny... Not on the level of Family Guy, though... IMO, they are 2 different kinds of humor... I see Family Guy as the more blunt, straight-forward kind of humor. American Dad seemed to be a bit more complex... To me, it seemed too much like a children's cartoon of these days with adult humor...

Perhaps it will get better. I'm waiting for the next season of Family Guy...