American Idol Season Premiere TONIGHT!!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by macartistkel, Jan 17, 2006.

1. macartistkel macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

I am SO excited!! :) This show rocks and I am a huge fan of Simon!! I know I will laugh so hard tonight at all the really BAD singers...the season premiere is always one of the best of the season!!

2. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Thanks for the reminder. I also enjoy the "audition" shows at the beginning of the season as much (if not more) than the main event.

3. macartistkel thread starter macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Me too Lyle!! I was starting to get worried nobody else was pumped up for American Idol :confused:

I cannot wait to have a good laugh!! :)

4. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Can't wait to see who'll top William Hung.

Last season, the producers tried to do it with the fat girl in the pink sweater, but it didn't catch on with the public. Maybe the odd ones the charm! :)
    Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

5. macartistkel thread starter macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

OMG, that is so funny. Me and my co-worker were just talking about William Hung and how he probably ended Ricky Martin's career.....RM waited to release something last year because he was waiting for everyone to get over the whole William Hung.

Chris Rock was right that Ricky Martin was going to be "livin la vida broka" if he didn't stop singing that song!!!

At this point I think Ricky should just go with it and have William open up his concerts for him!! :eek:

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Yay, another season of a bunch of talentless nobodys competing for a chance to be a one hit wonder

7. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I can't wait for the premier! I love it when they get close to the final 12. There is always one or two in there that you just have to say WTF? Some good people get left behind and some losers make the final cut. For good TV I guess.

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

the only person whos ever really made it is kelly clarkson..

what ever happened to ruben? Mcdonalds spokesman?

I guess the nerd guy with a good voice did some disney stuff.

bo bice will probably never make a hit record.

The blonde who won last year went into christian country which is turning out to be nothing.

i guess they are all millionairs at least, but in the future the will probably show up on some kinda reality show.

9. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I think bo bice has a lot of potential. Given the right band and the right songs, he could be a real star.

I never liked Fantasia Barino, she sounds like a cartoon character.

10. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I just like the beginning when people make fools of themselves on national Television. I dont pay much attention after that.

Ed

11. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Gah! I can't stand this show. It's teeniebopper drama at best, which has never given birth to anyone who's truly musically talented. Just because you can sing to a beatbox doesn't mean your an artist.

I can't wait til this "reality TV" crap is dead.

12. macartistkel thread starter macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

SHE IS the biggest star out of all of them and the best voice by far, and I love her music---she is here to stay!

When Bo Bice's new album gave Eminem a run for the top spot when it debut. He is already in the studio working on the next album too.

She has sold more than 2 million albums which isn't nothing. Not my kind of music but she replaced Christina Aguelari's job as the Skechers shoe model too!

Ok Rueben sucked, Fantasia has the most annoying voice in the world, and Clay has dropped off the face of the earth. But the show is in its 5th season and is already contracted for 5 more so its not going anywhere and there are some good chances that more talented people will win. And the show itself averages 30 million + viewers an episode!

And to finish my comment, Simon is HOT and too damn funny!! :)

13. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

LOL! I liked her in the beginning, but after a short while, I began remarking that she sounded like Marge Simpson to me!

14. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I can see that about the show... but I like it anyway :eek: I watch no other reality show, and very little TV. I enjoy this, guilt free.

15. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Agreed. But its still funny to watch those first couple of episodes of Idol.

16. macartistkel thread starter macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Well I watch a reality show whenever I get the chance and its about the only thing that relieves stress for me these days. And I would not be embarrassed to admit you watch the show....geez....we will all be dead before "reality TV" is ever dead anyway. ;) Many older adults watch this show so it is NOT just a teen drama. Most of the top contestants were around 28 in the last competition.

Most of the reason people watch the show is for Simon anyway...(there was a poll done on whether or not people would watch the show if Simon left.....79% said NO).

17. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

so tonight, night two, are the denver auditions and i am counting down the minutes, all 40 of them, to see it

i can't believe that crazy loudmouth kid from chicago, the one who talks to animals, made it on to the next round (he wasn't bad but he wasn't good either and many who were better than him did not make it)

i liked both sets of twins who made it to the next round and all four will be contenders over the next few weeks after the major cities' auditions are aired

18. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Well, for the Brittenum twins, I guess it will depend on what their parole officer has to say about it. :rolleyes:

Too bad. Those guys had a nice sounding audition.

19. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

for the denver auditions, i was most shocked by the little cowboy kid who got through to the next round...his speaking voice and shyness were frightful, but when he sang, this other voice, almost channeled, came out of him and he showed great promise

if he can harness that talent into something more marketable, then i think he can make the final 12...but there is very little time and people can't possibly grow that much on the show in one season...it would be too much of a makeover

the winners of american idol from the past had the whole package before they entered the competition and only had to adjust to the camera and audience, which of course can't be easy, but looking back at rueben and fantasia's auditions especially, one can see the star which was already there

20. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

Did anybody catch (on the 2hr. night) the *edited* fat lady who walked on the down escliator and tried to go up, not realizing that it was going down? Fell flat on her face and then turned around and asked the camera guy to put THAT on the show. Funny ***** there.

EDIT: Removed the word 'retarted' so that I wouldn't retards, fat ladies, or retarted fat ladies. Carry on.

21. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

Sweet! I will be watching ANYTHING else! :eek: :D Seriously. I watched once. The entertainment factor is, IMHO, on the scale of watching someone have a blond moment. I feel sorry and embarrassed for them and well pretty much the human race in that we are actually beaming this crap into space.
    I fear what happens if another species first contact with humanity is a fox network uplink of American Idol, The Simple Life, The Apprentice, or god help us Britney Spears, Chaotic. :eek: That alone is a world destroyer. Hell I'd swing a billion miles out of my way to super nova the sun for that.

22. macartistkel thread starter macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

omg...really funny tonight and I haven't really smiled in days but I can always count on these judges! I thought it was better than the season premiere. They were in Greensboro tonight. Did anyone see the guy who looked like The Hulk's wife....or the dude that looked like Sylvester Stallone's sister. Oh man, Simon had me laughing on those comments!

Michael Jackson impersonator and the the chick (at the end getting all upset at Paula) was hilarious!! :)

23. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I hate this show and all reality shows....i really hate how they make those people feel...funny indeed but damn talk about crushing someone. Fantasia is nice i like her and the 1st chick that won...everyone else is mehhh.

Bless

24. floriflee macrumors 68030

floriflee

All I gotsta say is.... why does everyone with a falsetto voice think they can sing?? Keep those voices in the showers and cars people! :eek:

25. macartistkel thread starter macrumors 6502a

macartistkel

Ok, maybe Simon is a little harsh, BUT he speaks the truth. Do you really think he would waste his time listening to everyone to turn away a great singer?? If you can't sing, you can't sing. That is a fact and it really bothers me when people try to ignore facts!

And he is not that critical on the people that just have OK voices (well unless they show an attitude)....he is critical on the people that are absolutely dreadful and cannot carry a tune to save their life. And many of these people think so highly of themselves and they have the inability to admit they suck at something---they deserve to be ridiculed in this case for being stupid!