Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
scem0 said:
was it just me or did Lisa Tucker sound really good tonight? She sounded much better than she did when she was on the show!

always thought she was underrated...

and cute, for a female lionel richie look-alike :D

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
Poor Taylor. He had his own thing going with his own band and his own music, and now he'll get stuck with a huge contract that will pretty much ensure that he'll never do any of that again. Instead he'll be stuck with crap songs like the one he sang tonight. And we'll be stuck hearing it on the radio over and over and over and over again. In a year, we'll all hate him.

I mean come on, the judges even think the songs are crap. You'd think they'd fire the writers. Where do they get them, Hallmark??

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Just glad it is all over ... an extended break from all the canned comments is needed, and hopefully Randy will learn to speak basic English and Paula will see results from her much needed therapy sessions.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
watcher2001 said:
All I can say is think back to Kelly and "A moment like this" and then look at where she is now.

Yeah I got tired of that song a long long long long long time ago... and I don't even listen to the radio, thats from the few times I have to suffer through commercials because I'm not at a point where I can fast forward on my DVR.

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Eh, didn't even bother to watch the last two nights. After such an anti-climatic ending we may not even bother watching next season.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I regret watching last night. 1 hour and 55 minutes of crap and then the 5 minutes everyone was waiting for. And I really didn't even care who won. I would have liked to see Elliott or Paris as the final two (although Paris sounded bad last night).

e

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
scem0 said:
1 hour and 55 minutes of crap and then the 5 minutes everyone was waiting for.
Did you really expect anything else? Not even joking here... I switched over for a sec right at the end to see who won, and I feel like I didn't miss anything at all by avoiding the 118 or so minutes leading up to that.

jaydub

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
I even told my wife that I knew we could catch the final 3 minutes of the show for the results. She was glad we tuned in to see the previous contestants perform... too much Mandisa (no pun intended) for me, though.

lem0n

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2005
Milano...
hahahaha, I just saw the video of Clay Aiken and that guy, he jumped then was squealing [he sang horribly out of tune too] and they cut his mic off then Ryan made him seat, he looks like he will pass out and cry or all at the same time and still try to imitate Clay's every moves and I heard he got an award for best imitation of Clay Aiken? That was funny :D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
lem0n said:
hahahaha, I just saw the video of Clay Aiken and that guy, he jumped then was squealing [he sang horribly out of tune too] and they cut his mic off then Ryan made him seat, he looks like he will pass out and cry or all at the same time and still try to imitate Clay's every moves and I heard he got an award for best imitation of Clay Aiken? That was funny :D

Hell, I would debase myself to have the same moment that kid did with Clay.

I loved that whole scene. I will admit that I can't sing. But if I were given the same chance to sing a Elton John or Neil Diamond song like that kid did on a national stage; and either of these other artists came out - I think that the paramedics would have had to been called - my heart would have just given out I think. :) :D

MACDRIVE

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Clovis, California
I really can't comment too much on this thread because I'm heavily biased towards Katherine. As a matter of fact, I don't believe I have ever been more biased towards anyone else on TV as much as her. WhooooWeeeee!!! *heart flutters* *gets chills* *hair stands up on neck* *gets all tingley* :D

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
MACDRIVE said:
I really can't comment too much on this thread because I'm heavily biased towards Katherine. As a matter of fact, I don't believe I have ever been more biased towards anyone else on TV as much as her. WhooooWeeeee!!! *heart flutters* *gets chills* *hair stands up on neck* *gets all tingley* :D

it's the boobies hanging out, isn't it?:rolleyes:

watcher2001

macrumors 6502a
Was looking at walmart.com (please don't shoot me) link and noticed they had video of Taylor Hicks singing at the shareholder meeting. He sang his upcoming singles "Do I make you proud" and "Taking it to the streets" While I really like Taylor and hope he does well you can tell already that he is growing tired of singing the "Proud" song.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.