american idol...who deserves to win?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Apr 28, 2004.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

first of all i didn't like the fact jennifer hudson got kicked off last week and she was one of my top choices, with my top being fantasia

i hope fantasia lasts longer and doesn't get kicked off tonight but the way people have been voting, anything can happen

so, who are your favorites?

2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

I'm so disappointed with myself that I both watch this show and have an answer to this thread's question:

Fantasia

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i won't get to find out who gets kicked off tonight since i am in class

who got kicked off tonight??

4. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The red headed kid is gone

I dont have a favorite anymore, they are all kinda tone deff

5. gemio17 macrumors regular

Ditto-but LaToya is by far the best. Fantasia's attitude is too cocky and that bothers me.

that said, I'm gonna go stick my head in the oven for discussing this in public. :D

6. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

it will come down to latoya, huff, and fantasia...any one of these three can win

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Huff looks to old and goofy, Fantasia is too whinny sounding, so that leaves Latoya I guess. But for the most part I don't think any are that great, but neither is Britney Spears so who really cares.

8. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

9. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

thanks for the info...also,
    who was in the bottom 3 besides john stevens?

10. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

11. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

i see flower girl being there because she's so outclassed by the divas, as ryan calls them, but huff just had a bad night

he can actually win this thing if he steps it up like some of the other times

12. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

Fantasia is my favorite with Mr. Huff a close second. I think they both had a bad week this week. However, these are not the types of songs that they would sing on an album. I would hate for one of them to go because they cannot sing a Gloria Estafan song. I think it will come down to the both of them. I cannot stand flower girl, I am soooo happy she finally took that damn thing out of her hair. She has a good voice, but she cannot hit the notes she needs to to win the competition.

As I see it, Fantasia is the only one that is unique. I would buy her album in a second! If she wins, I will be the first in line online at the ITMS.

13. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

i think they're all lame... not impressed this season at ALL :confused: :rolleyes:

14. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    In two years time after the poplarity dries up and two subsequent Pop Idols have been chosen, this year's winner will be performing lame covers of 80's ballads on cruise ships in the Norwegian fjords.

No one 'deserves' that, least of all the people having to watch it. ;)

15. macka macrumors regular

I reckon La Toya or Jasmine Trias are good...I'm a sucker for all the ladies actually. :p

16. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

It was bound to happen, what probably happened is you have the same type of people voting for all three divas, they skew to the same type of fans. Its like if two democrats were running against a republican and a libertarian.

As far as who deserves to win, or who WILL win those are completely different answers. The show doesn't go with the most talented, it goes with the most popular. I mean heck look at Will Hung, his talent is lacking but his popularity is through the roof.

Based SOLEY on the most recent performance ( i have only seen the last two or three) I would have to vote for Diana DeGarmo, but I don't think she has been the strongest over all. Despite the fact that I don't care much for her voice style I think Fantasia has the strongest chance of winning.

17. tom.96 macrumors regular

We get American idol broadcast in the UK too (but we can't vote :mad: )

I like John Stevens. He seems like a nice guy but I'm not sure if his voice is versatile enough. Fantasia's voice is amazing though, and she seems like a really cool person. La Toya London has a wonderful voice and she is quickly becomming my fave. I could not believe she was in the bottom 3!!!

I think that they should allow us brits to vote! If I could vote it would be for La Toya.

PS. Do people think that all Brits are like Simon? We're not!!!!!!!!! ;)
    Ryan rocks tho.

18. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

My vote is vor Latoya. Her voice is the best, and her attitude is great. Fantasia is a close second.

John Stevens was a horrendous singer, I thought since the auditions. I CAN'T believe he made it this far. He could only sing in one style, and barely eeeked it out then. He reminds me of those momma's boys I used to beat up in high school. Ugnhgh. Grow some balls kid.

As far as Simon goes, I wish people (including Paula) would stop booing him. He has very valid points most of the time (sometimes I think he's just being argumentative) but can never spit anything out because the crowd always shuts him up. I appreciate Simon's honesty most of the time, he doesnt just blow in their ear.

But Randy never has anything productive to say. Its the same thing every time: "Yeah dog. You did your thing. I don't know if it worked for me though."

And yeah, this is the worst season so far of American Idol. Clay was the best talent they found, folowed by Kelly, then Reuben. Gotta love Reuben though, couldnt ask for a cooler guy. None of the current contestants would have even made it to the top 50 from seasons past. I blame Paula missing some of the auditions at the beginning. They (the guys) passed up on some good people back then.

I watch too much TV.

19. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

20. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Jennifer Hudson should still be in the group, and in the top 3 or 4 ahead of Jasmine and George... but she is not. The 3 top vote getters last night deserved to be the top 3 in my opinion. Diana Degarmo is coming on strong I think, but LaToya London has been very steady. Fantasia's voice is a little strange to me, though she is definitely a good performer. Any of those 3 should be fine to win... but George Huff needs to go next, and should have gone earlier. Jasmine is nice, but not as strong as the other 3 ladies.

But how did the 2 Johns last so long??

21. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

teenage girls ;)

22. Backtothemac macrumors 601

Backtothemac

What about Diana? I like the edge that she has on her voice. I think she is the dark horse right now.

23. parrothead macrumors 6502a

parrothead

I dont really think anybody really stands out this year. There were a few this year that stood out for being absolutely terrible. And John Stevens was the worst. As far as who should win, I think LaToya is the best singer and she should win.

24. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

John Stevens wasn't terrible, he had a very good voice, unforunately he had a very limited style. He's a crooner in the old style and that just doesn't translate well into pop music. Musically he is very very talented, but most stuff out these days has nothing to do with music anyway so what does it matter.

25. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

That is utterly untrue. Even as a "crooner" John Stevens still sucked. Sucked. In order to be a crooner, you can't be tone deaf. That guy never hit a note correctly. He was always a bit flat. He didnt sing with control, conviction, or power. He was a true example of a poser. I just think everyone cut him a break because he was so "nice."

On top of that, he had no stage presence, and always looked like he was about to break into tears. He wasn't cool enough. I think of Frank Sinatra and Tony Bennet, and John had none of their qualities.

Diana, on the other hand, is doing much better than before, and I have to give her props for only being 16 and WAY outperforming John (another 16 year old)