American Idol: Who Will Win?

Discussion in 'Community' started by cleo, Sep 3, 2002.

?

Who will be the American Idol?

Poll closed Sep 4, 2002.
  1. Kelly

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Justin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

'Fess up, you know you watch it. :D Tonight's the last vote - who do you think will win?

2. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Re: American Idol: Who Will Win?

heh... I admit... i've watched pretty much every episode.

I liked punk-girl... but knew she wouldn't win the whole thing.

I like Kelly. She's gonna win... :)

arn

3. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

too bad that slut ryan is gone... ha

the punk girl was horrible sounding

kelly should win. her voice is the best

and i actually think she will

i can't believe the punk girl stayed around as long as she did though. blah

same with rj. he was bad.

4. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

I can't believe that I got hooked on this show. It is worse than crack!!! Kelly will win. She clearly dominates. Guys will vote for her, because she is a woman, women will vote for her, because she is a woman, and seems pretty cool. Only InSYNC fans will vote for the guy. He is pretty cool, and undoubtedly, the last four people will have a good chance to at least put out one album. There will be some record exec who will think that they can sell enough albums to make money.

Next question, who will go see them when the tour?

5. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

yeah - I hated rj as well.

I think Punk Girl just didn't have as much range as maybe the others... but I think she'll do well, and will do well in her element.

Ryan also had a interesting voice... which I liked.

Tamyra, I thought was somewhat boring, even though she had a great voice.

arn

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah, the punk girl had a good enough voice, but none of those songs fit her.... i didn't see the one that was kinda punk (stevie nix performance)... but the others just didn't fit her style at all

tamyra was boring. but had a good voice. i think kelly is all around best. and it's pretty obvious i think

simon's funny

looking

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

that's a shame... was good performance... I bet there are mp3's floating around... I'll take a look...

arn

8. awrc macrumors regular

9. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

I think that Kelly will win. There's something creepy about that guy, he looks lke sideshow Bob to me. The local reviewer compared him to the anti-christ :D

10. big macrumors 65816

big

>The record label.

HA hA hA HA HAha haahaa HAAHH haha

ha ha

11. vniow macrumors G4

No, they actually have to sell first. :D

12. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

still with Kelly...

songs were kinda lame

arn

13. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

true. all the songs by all of the were dumb. but that said, some of them could pull it off better than punk girl.... you gotta at least agree on that...

14. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Hemingray

What, no vote option for "Who gives a rip?"? :D

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Troll, exit stage right even! :p

15. peterjhill macrumors 65816

peterjhill

The songs were bad. It was interesting that the two songs that they both sang... Kelly sang them much better. Her phrasing (the way she sings the words, where she breaths, what sylables she puts with what notes) was much better.

I can't imagine her not winning. How about how she looked as the judges all praised her. She looked like she was going to cry. My pet theory is that she feels bad for whats-his-name. It is like she is so nice that she feels bad for him. I thought that Paula and Simon's comments were perfect, though I didn't catch Simon's last sentence (I knew I should have gotten that TiVo instead of an iPod)

16. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Sad, sad, sad...

MY GODDDDD!

So - you people all got hooked on that crap too?

Yes: well, over here in the UK, ours was extremely popular. Even my wife got in on the action, and watched it religiously. My 2-year old loved Darius... hell - what can I say? Even I was drawn into it's evil clutches, if only to see what nastiness Simon Cowell could drag up from his lowly depths (and high trouser waist).

How many made a phone vote? Ha!

Anyway - rest assured...

All those people who think that whoever wins Pop Idol will go on to a successful music career are sadly mistaken. By the time the next series is produced, the last year's winner would've been long since chewed up and spat out by the mighty record industry machine, and will probably be turning tricks or smoking crack on Melrose.

Sorry to put a downer on your day...

;)

17. awrc macrumors regular

Quite possibly - he's got a certain "Kids From Fame" ambience about him, as well as a hint of Leo Sayer (before your time, kiddies, and be thankful for it). Both of which make him definite anti-christ material.

I'll admit that I never actually watch the show. I don't need to, my wife watches Entertainment Tonight, which these days seems to be a 30 minute preview for the show. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, given the usual sycophantic inanity that passes for content on it ("Tonight - what Jennifer Aniston and Brad Pitt had for breakfast, Cher shows us around her tasteless house for the 57th time, and who will Julia Roberts marry this week...")

18. Gus macrumors 65816

Gus

THANK YOU!!!

I have been telling my girlfriend for weeks that Justin looks like Sideshow Bob, but she doesn't know who that is! (I know, I know, I have to educate her).

Justin has talent and charisma, Nikki had charisma and the "look", but Kelly has something that just makes her stand out. She has a FANTASTIC voice, and when she sings you can HEAR that she is having the time of her life. That's what killed Nikki, she always looked like a deer in head lights.

Gus

19. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i'm lost. was the show on last night??? what the??

don't tell me i missed it.

and if so, what's the 2 hour thing tonight? the announcement? 2 hours worth???? dear god i hope not

20. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

I just can't believe that people get hooked on this stuff. In the UK we've had "Pop Stars", "Pop Idol", and now another round of "Pop Stars". It now seems that, as though it weren't bad enough already, every other country is doing their own version. It's poor quality TV, churning out numerous identically-sounding spot-ridden teens. What's the enjoyment? Is there a voyeur in everyone?

21. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

to me it's just funny

anyhoo, please no one talk about the winner here... or someone start a thread with a warning about giving it away.i'm recording it and want to wait to see what happens til after it's all done.... ha

sad i know

22. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I know who won! It was...

Just kidding.

No one post the winner for this poor guy:p

23. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

ok. i saw it

uneventful

unexciting

figures

cool that she won though. she deserved it

ryan seemed to have a good voice... i didn't see the ones when she was still in it... so am i wrong or was she better than at least a few of the folks that stayed past her?

she's also a skank

24. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

hehe, enjoy all the group singing they did? And the mo-town stuff?:p

Anyway, I'm sorry for bringing this thread back to the top...:(

Kelly won. She deserved it. The rest, if they're good (like christina and tamyra...i can't spell), they'll get the recording contracts they deserve. Otherwise, I have nothing more to say about American Idol, and gawd I hope they don't bring it back next year :D

25. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Re: THANK YOU!!!

Good, I thought I was the only one who noticed and was wondering if I was strange.

Well, I am strange actually. ;)