American Ports

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Dont Hurt Me, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

No one seems to be talking about this at Macrumors so i thought i would start a thread, This president seems to be just fine with millions of mexican's and perhaps terrorists invading our country during a time of his war and is just fine with "edit(UAE)" running our major ports??? What happened to American Presidents representing the country they are suppose to represent?? Seems like we are being sold out everyday by our own Govt and this president. Now this President wants to veto any legislation that might prevent this?? Good thing he's never used his veto pen and most likely hasnt a clue on how it works.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Could have been worse: it could have been a British company running your ports all these years!

3. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I love the brits and trust them, saudi's??? you got be fricking kidding. The Royal family may be buddies with George and the draft dodgers but the Suadi people hate us as much as Osama.

4. iGary Guest

iGary

What's wrong with dodging the draft?

I can't wait to go in with my draft notice and tell them I am a pole smoker.

5. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

The problem is those same draft dodgers put us in Iraq! Chickenhawks ! and now we are paying the price, billions of dollars,thousands of americans dead or limbless. Yet we cant fix New Orleans?? stuff like that makes me sick. This president is a con, took me 4 years to figure it out but i did. Congrats on your habits:D

6. aquajet macrumors 68020

I suspect, should the government reinstate the draft, military policy will eliminate gay exclusion.

You don't want to be shipped off to hell? Just claim you're gay.

I'm certain the Powers That Be realize this, and will as such grant gay people the "right" to serve.

7. nbs2 macrumors 68030

nbs2

Um....you post and sig seem to conflict - the UAE is not Saudi Arabia. And, honestly, why do you trust one group more than another. I can see an argument that the contract should be with an American company, but to favor the UK over the UAE? Nothing personal against our many friendly MR users from the UK, but I wouldn't trust the English near as far as I could throw 'em.

8. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

Pole smoker? Hmm.... What's a p... Oh. Never mind. Geesh. :p

I actually had a dream last night that I was drafted to go fight in France... I'm not sure against who, but I immediately began to think of draft dogging countries. Is Canada still one?

Pole smoker... geebus.

9. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

10. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

I think it must have to do with the fact that you have to smoke a joint the size of a telephone pole to get the same effect from hemp that you do from MJ. Joints this size are presumably frowned upon by the US military.

11. tristan macrumors 6502a

Would you rather the UAE invests its oil money in Europe or Asia? Trust me, we're lucky that this company still wants to invest in the USA. When people stop investing in the US, the dollar will fall like a rock. We should be rolling out the red carpet for the UAE, China, or whoever wants to invest in our country, and then working our ass off to make sure they get a decent return out of that investment. Otherwise, people will just take their money elsewhere. Instead, we raise a big political stink, as if our ports will suddenly be swarming with Al Queda operatives.

12. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

sorry about that, didnt see that thead i guess. What some people dont understand is Briton had a private company running those ports not a state owned company plus if we can only have 49% max of any business in a tiny zone in the UAE then why are we letting them 100% control and running of those ports?
    Also we shouldnt look at everything as just pure dollars, it has gotton way out of control by the greedy rich who will exploit whatever and whoever they can. Maybe we should let the mexicans run our border if we are going to let the arab run our ports.:rolleyes: I have a better idea, let americans run our border and our ports.

13. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

1- The UAE is not Saudi Arabia, its not also part of it. They are two different countries, kinda like how France and Canada are two different countires.

2- The UAE is a key ally in the war in terror, its a country that helped capture some of the people involved in the 9/11 attacks.

I dont blame people for thinking the UAE is part of SA, hell half of america still think Iraq attacked the US on 9/11.

14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

The government, yes. The people? Many of them are not our friends. That's what concerns me. It opens the door for possibilities that didn't exist before.

Most interesting is Bush's threat of veto. If carried out, would this not be the first time he vetoed anything?

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I agree. This is unbelievably irresponsible and extremely risky. Why hasn't his man been impeached?

16. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Bush = biggest vuln ever. 'sploits on the way. System compromise imminent.

Patch to be released after the next attack.

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I really don't know what all the fuss is about: after all, the Saudis bought your President years ago, and few complained then.

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well- I think the major complaint now is that Saudi nationals flew planes into the World Trade Center and the Pentagon. But gee, I could be wrong.

19. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Uhh... I did.

20. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I would like to say something here. The people dont hate America, they disagree with what America does for example the war in Iraq. The UAE people dont support the war and did not allow the US to lanch from its base's in the UAE against Iraq. Like i said there is no hate, i bet some people do but nowhere like in SA or even France.

There are a lot of US companies here, thousands of US citizens living and working here and countless more coming every year. To my knowlage not 1 faced any danger in the country. Many of my close friends go to the American Univercity and have many friends who are from the US. If the people had any problems with the US dont you think that the US will call its citizen out of teh country already?

I would also like to add that no terrerost attacks have happend in the UAE, nor where there "any" US flag burnings. There was a "peacefull" march aginst the war in Iraq.

Thats it, i dont live in an American flag burning, hating country :)

21. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And I never said they did so let's not act like that happened.

The whole country doesn't need to hate us. Actually, no one from your country needs to hate us for this to be dangerous.

It's the idea that a handing off port ownership to a nation with strong ties their region and a fluctuating population of Middle Eastern nationals raises the possibility that the system will become compromised by those who would exploit the relationship and attack our people.

22. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

And he knows who his Arab masters are.

Which is why he's going to use Consitutional Force™ to ensure we'll happily be selling our ports to our new Emirate masters.

23. Dont Hurt Me thread starter macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Thanks i have corrected the post, but they are all Arabs in my book. He wants Ahab the arab to run our ports. This president would have been kicked out of washington a long time ago if we didnt have all 3 branches being ran by the corrupt republicans these days. Again embarrased that my president is such .......a...........______________________________________. Ill let you fill in the blank because i can think of hundreds of phrases to insert and not one is nice. I pray for a president one day that will put the U.S. people first and not his rich oil tycoons. It sure would be nice to have someone representing the people for a change.

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm with you on this one.

25. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i'm only slightly bummed that this is not about the wine (Port) ;)