American Technology Research: new iBooks & Mac mini in 2 weeks

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by amac4me, Jul 25, 2005.

1. amac4me macrumors 65816

amac4me

From the article

"American Technology Research analyst Shaw Wu on Monday issued a new research report obtained by The Mac Observer. In it, he writes: "Based on our checks with industry and channel sources, we believe Apple will release new enhanced versions of Mac mini and iBook product lines within the next two weeks, in time for the important back-to-school season."

http://macobserver.com/article/2005/07/25.7.shtml

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Wow! What a research report! I wonder how much time and money they spent on this one? :rolleyes:

3. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

NOOOOOO this article says it was written today....but 2 more weeks!?!?!?!? I can't wait another 2 weeks!!!!! I can barely wait 2 hours!

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Ten minutes from now if "within the next two weeks". Maybe you'll get lucky.

5. tsk macrumors 6502a

tsk

Nooooooooo! Please not the full two weeks. I need to get something done in the next two weeks, not wait around. Please let it be tomorrow.

6. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

If it comes out tommorow...shouldn't apple employees know today due to "mysterious" inventory in their stock rooms?

7. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Sometimes things (like the Mac Mini) are announced, but don't start shipping for a week or two. This is not normal, but don't rule it out.

8. AcousticDoc macrumors regular

ah....well either way....whether it's shipped or not, I jsut want to knw what the new specs are so I will know whether or not I should buy an xp notebook or maybe the super outdated powerbook.