Americans unaware of Iraqi death toll

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Feb 24, 2007.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17310383/
    apparently human life isn't equal in this case.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:(

I do have to admit that I thought the number was around 35-38,000, and I was also wrong, albeit by a smaller margin. Although, of course, the most correct answer is, "Far too high."

3. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

4. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Our own Govt seems to now be in the habit of spinning all numbers since Bush took over, 34,000 in 2006 alone so even if that is the yearly avg that means over 150,000 dead Iraqi's since Bush/Cheneys war. So we have 150,000 Iraqi's and almost 4,000 soldiers and contractors dead and no WMDs? What a waste of lives and resources. Bush/Cheney should be held accountable.

5. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Most Americans do not know that over a Million Vietnamese lost their lives in the Vietnam War. We mourn our > 50,000 sons, daughters, fathers, husbands, brothers and friends, and painfully so. Yet, too many fail to appreciate the true calamity of war. Too few have enough compassion to see that most who fight, regardless of what side they are on, are victims of the 'dogs of war'.

6. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I would have said 40-50k...wrong but basicly I knew it was a lot(Honestly I feel bad when I have X USA Troops have died, only because that number is small when you look at it vs Iraqi numbers)

7. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I wonder how this compares to the number of Iraqis killed by Sadam. does anyone know if there is anywhere I could get those numbers?

8. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

Too many. Maybe at the UN website? Or the CIA website? Or even Wikipedia, maybe. Not that it absolves Bush of the deaths he's caused...

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No one knows when it comes to either. Under Bush or Saddam. I've heard a few thousand, but I've also heard a few hundred thousand, under both.

The answer, under both, is too many.