americans want an investigation into and the truth about ProsecutorGate

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Mar 26, 2007.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

usatoday poll

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Is this Congress going to actually get any work done of just spend the next 2 years fighting.

3. TheBobcat macrumors 6502

TheBobcat

Of course Americans want the truth, thats the nature of our lovely democracy.

Now if we'll get it is up in the air.

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

please note the growing number of congressional republicans who want the administration to testify. heck, even hagel has mentioned impeachment.

so are you intending to bash only the dems? or do you like your executive branch "king size"?

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Now can they investigate and save money in the process. I can see all these investigations costing a lot of money and nothing will get accomplished. When the people elected this new Congress I think they wanted change. Well the bickering is still going on and I don't know what other bills they have passed other then the ones dealing with the War or fighting amongst themselves.

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Im bashing big government as a whole that only wants to inflate there egos by flexing their muscles but not doing anything for the common person.

7. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

as a common person, i'm extremely concerned about this administration's executive power grab, its politicization of our justice system, and its penchant for diverting money to its friends and donors.

to say nothing about its assault on our constitution.

if you can't see either these dangers, or the use of stopping them, then you and i really have nothing to talk about.

i'm not sure what you want congress to do "for you", but if your analysis of what goes on in D.C. extends no further than "they're all corrupt and not doing anything for me", then i say you're shirking your duty as an informed citizen.

8. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

If they don't investigate then nothing is proven. If nothing is proven how does the Congress call for or enact change?

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Yes there should be investigations but at what cost. This could take years and a lot of money. I think there are a lot of other issues that Congress needs to address. But I have a feeling that nothing much will get done for a while.

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Yes, because Congress is so very small and has so little staff to help them.

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Umm... if you'll recall, having investigations IS a change. :rolleyes:

12. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I see you're a purist and thats a good thing to be, everyone respects that. But power, politicizing of the justice system, and diverting money to friends and donors are things that both democrats and republicans have done. You have much disdain for the current administration, like many here do and not totally unwarrented, and that erodes your position as a constitutional purist. I'm not implying that nothing should be done but an investigation should be done with impartiality.

13. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Personally I really don't care about it, I'd rather they actually get some work done instead of fighting with each other.

Fat chance of that happening.

14. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

As long as there are TV cameras don't expect much to get done.

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Some of us do see this as getting something done. A little over two thirds of us. They won't find anything if they don't look, and the fact that the administration is fighting so hard to not let that happen tells me there's something there just as there was during Clinton's reign.

If something bad is happening, I'd like some oversight to stop it.

Which is why we get mad when people like William Jefferson get caught too. ;)

They're the ones in power and have been for 6 years now. They're the ones screwing up right now. The Dems are just now in charge of Congress, and their hold over the Senate is tenuous. If they start abusing their power as much (or :eek: worse) I would hope we'd still complain.

I would probably complain more because I had been supporting them recently, hoping they were better than the alternative and would feel let down. Like DHM feels. He voted for Bush and had been voting for Republicans for awhile. He's more pissed at them than the rest of us, and I don't blame him. We already complain when they don't do enough, I would definitely complain if they actually go and make things worse, as we feel the neocons have.

16. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

it'd be kinda late when the "truth" comes out

17. miloblithe macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Do any of these 2693 bills look good to you?

http://thomas.loc.gov/home/c110bills.html

18. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

If the Republicans in Congress would stop being so obstructionist and start allowing upperdown votes, things would move faster.

19. aquajet macrumors 68020

Nothing at all? Don't be silly. Something will come of it and we'll all know a little more about what needs to be addressed. And what would you have them change, if not getting down to the brass tacks of all the things that are screwed up so that these changes can take place? More pinstripes? A new menu at the Capitol cafeteria?

20. Chef Medeski macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Do we really want them to do something? What are they going to do? They dont have a great enough majority to push through any reforms packages that might be needed. The only thing they could do is light water work.

Plus Ive had enough of the bills being passed through in the past 6 yrs, I rather Congress come to a stand still. I love when people say, you dont wnat a stand still. Well why not? Nothing gets done? What needs to get done? Ohhh those things wont happen anyways, so might as well stop them from barreling pork.

Actually at the average cost of passing a bill in Congress, they are probably saving TONS of money through investigations. TONS. Its been shown that when the Legislatic and Executive Branch are held by opposing parties, the amount of money spent drops dramatically. Also during this time there is the highest amount of investigations. I dont know if its a causation, but its certainly a correlation; so if you want to save money. You want the investigations.

21. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

e&p

22. trebblekicked macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

still waiting for someone to respond to this.

someone was saying something about how this congress isn't doing anything?

23. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

You are awesome. Stole the words outta my mouth :) Go APPLE! :)

24. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

25. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Probably not going to happen. ;)