America's Army 2.6 out (not for Mac)

Discussion in 'Games' started by jcarm24, Feb 13, 2006.

1. jcarm24 macrumors regular

jcarm24

No more official servers for us mac users now. Just have to wait another six months for AA to release a version for OS X.
    But the new features do look nice. Any PC users out there played it yet?

2. mkaake macrumors 65816

wonder if they'll do a UB when they get around to 2.6 for mac?

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's certainly possible since the same person who is responsible for UT2004 handles the port for AA.

4. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

I never notice any differnces, was there any difference between 2.3----->2.5 and will there be in 2.5---->2.6?

5. applekid macrumors 68020

I certainly hope the next version is a Universal Binary. I have no shooters to play on my iMac Core Duo that are Intel-ready! The ones that were just released as UB are games I don't own. I wanted to play UT2K4 the weekend the UB was released, but they don't have it at our local CompUSA... :( And playing Halo and Rainbow Six 3 with Rosetta isn't all that fun.

6. jcarm24 thread starter macrumors regular

jcarm24

I noticed a lot of differences. More maps, filters, better overall layout, more options during play time, etc

7. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

But in essence its still the exact same game.

8. theorem7 macrumors member

I'm on a Mac so I haven't played 2.6 yet, but I talked to someone who did. Two new levels, Dusk and Border (you probably knew that already). Dusk is kind of like Urban Assault, except the objective is to rescue or ambush a VIP. Border is a little like SF Courtyard, where you have to find an objective and get to an extraction point.

So overall some good changes, and hopefully the server browser will be a little bit better on the Mac version (filters, colors, etc.). I don't expect that it will be too long before the Mac version comes out, so hopefully we will have it soon.

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Yes, it's still a U.S. Army recruiting tool.

10. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

I just hope it is still playable on my iMac. 2.5 killed my 1 Ghz 12" Powerbook. I also hope the 2.5 fiasco doesn't happen again. But, who cares? 2.6 for PC only users=less hackers+less annoying asswipes+more fun+my clans server is hopefully revived+and being with Mac people. Take your time on 2.6 for Mac.

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Um . . . It is the exact same game. How much can they change it? Do you want them to change the setting to otter space and add UFOs?

12. jcarm24 thread starter macrumors regular

jcarm24

Thank you

But there are less official servers, so harder to find servers that you can gain points in. I was playing tonight and its hard to find a good room on an older version....with enough people or any people at all. There might be less hacks, but I'd sacrifice it for more competition

13. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

No but I was hoping for stuff like vehicles or other cool yet realistic things.

14. quagmire macrumors 603

quagmire

Actually, vehicles was a rumor for 2.5 actually. Then returned for 2.6. I guess 2.7 now eh? It would be cool to see a humvee drive down the bridge and then a RPG hits it, and it flips right over. :p

15. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Even if vehicles were added, wouldn't it be essentially the same game?

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I bet you're looking for the weekend pass and going into town. :eek:

17. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

HEHEHEHE maybe a USO show.
    On a side note I am almost 17 and considering my future, I doubt I will enlist but I am kinda reading up on the army. If anyone has any info or experiences PM me please.