America's Army Coming to Mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by iJon, May 14, 2003.

1. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

YES. this is one of my favorite games on the pc. Talk about a true teamwork game with great gameplay. Although I will play it on my PC this is great news for people who just own macs. This is exactly what Apple needs, more games like this. You all should be very excited. the best part abotu the game is that its FREE. no money at all to play this game.

http://maccentral.macworld.com/news/2003/05/14/army/

iJon

2. job macrumors 68040

job

Wow.

The news I've read today has been amazing.

First WoW is coming, now America's Army.

I'm going to be one happy gamer this summer (as long as I can figure out what hardware to buy. ;))

3. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

just wanted to keep you guys up to speed for those who care. today the game developers took beta applicants for 2 hours. the game will be available for download later this month. look forward to it, it will be fun.

iJon

4. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

5. ju87 macrumors newbie

it's not really free. it's been paid for by taxpayers :D

6. actripxl macrumors 6502

actripxl

Hope for the best

Man I just hope this will be a new trend now cause games truly are the weakest link in Apples repertoire. What needs to happen is that Apple it self should have its own division to bring games over. Yes most of us use our Mac's for work but marketshare would be increased if we had a larger selection of games.

7. StarmanDeluxe macrumors member

8. iJon thread starter macrumors 604

iJon

yes it will be free, but they arent accepting beta testers anymore. he opened it for two hours and got to many requests. he was just looking for about 35 people. but it will be free and available end of this month. i recommend all you of play it, you have nothing to lose, its free. and maybe all the whiney counter strike people will be quiet and play this real game that is realistic and has more teamwork than any other game ive played.

iJon

9. mattmack macrumors 6502a

mattmack

I agree my bother in law plays it and it is a great game especially for free. There are so few games for the mac that when one is supported people need to support it if they want people to continue to program for the platform