Americas army-getting booted

Discussion in 'Games' started by aussiemac86, Sep 1, 2004.

1. aussiemac86 macrumors 6502

Apr 12, 2004
    the land of OZ
    I have looked through past threads and it seems a few other people are having this problem as well. AS soon as i get on a server and the next round starts i get booted, says something quickly about punk buster not been authenticated or something. I have punk buster enabled and have tried restarting the game, no luck.

No one really solved this in the other threads i was wondering if anyone has solved it.

I am running dual 2.5 with 1.5GB ram 9600xt..(just got it today :D )
    version 2.1.0 of AA, i have done the training and have 17 honor (from about 6months ago on my brothers computer)
  2. AppleMatt macrumors 68000

Mar 17, 2003
    Its the bloody stupid Punk Buster client never updating itself properly.
    Look around the AA forums for the links where you can update it manually, which is supposed to fix it*.

*That never works for me either, the log says "htm to binary conversion failed" for all the files. Drives me crazy.

At the moment all I can go on is non honour servers when I type "pb_security 0" into the console. I'm hoping that when 2.2 comes out it will have the latest Punk Buster files so until they're updated again I'll be able to go on all servers/

3. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    See if my post here doesn't help ya... maybe it will... make sure you install AA using an admin account (not just entering an admin password to get it installed) and also update it using the admin account. I don't know squat about permissions but it seemed to work this way for me and not by just using an admin password for authentication.
  4. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

Apr 19, 2004
    Secret Moon base
    I was getting kicked after a few minutes too, I had tried the manual punkbuster update and nothing worked.

Finally I opened the console and typed pb_security 0 and it has been fine ever since...