America's Army PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Games' started by PowermacG5, Jan 26, 2004.

1. PowermacG5 macrumors regular

PowermacG5

Im getting an error when im in a multiplayer game. It says Cannot remove pbag.mac after unloading. And after it says that a couple of time game server quits me out the main menu

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I had the same problem... a lot... here's what worked for me.

First, I had to install AA under an admin account. Secondly I can only play it online under an admin account.

You also need to update your punkbuster files. The only way I could do this was to go here:

http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-aa.php

There are three files you need to download.

pbsec.htm
    mc001067.htm
    ma001327.htm

You will need to store this inside AA. Just right (or CTRL) click on the AA program and do "Open Package Contents" or something like that. You'll find the appropriate directories there.

This worked on my dad's G5 for me but not on my iBook for some reason. So... who knows. But I was trying to play it under a non-admin account on my iBook so maybe that's why... *shrug*... it's more fun to play on his beast anyhow... :)

3. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

thats interesting because i was trying modify the system folder of the game because thats how my friend who has a pc had to do to cheat. So after i did that the program would not launch before it unexpectaly quit. SO i reinstalled and got the same error every time. So I launched the game though i brand new user. and it worked fine. so im looking for the right p list to reset my user. Can addition accounts be admins like in prevouse version of the OS?

i will try your tip who know what will happen

4. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

clean install got it!!!! moo ha ahahahahahaha

5. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I hope your lil' army guy falls and breaks his legs during airborne training... I'm jealous of your computer... :)

6. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

But not of the desire to cheat at a team-oriented game. Shame.

7. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

When did I state anything about cheating? The only thing I did to modify my AA installation was to update the PunkBuster files on my Mac to the newest version. PunkBuster is an anti-cheat program. You have to update the files in order to by in sync with the server. So what were you talking about?

That and I was just poking fun at being jealous of his system.

8. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

theres plenty of reason to cheat. (which is impossible anyway) 1 reason you never get the gun you want. You never get to snipe when you want to. And you only get a handgun for sniping come on. And its hilarouse when you go into the hospital and kill the your whole class with a maching gun.

mpcheat changeclass m9
    mpcheat changeclass AR

9. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

oh yeah... does anyone have any tips for beating the second special forces mission. I always get spotted. Granted im probably being lazy beacause sneaking around isnt my style.

10. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

How do you get to the special forces missions? I can't get there... do you have to do advanced rifle first?

11. PowermacG5 thread starter macrumors regular

PowermacG5

You have to have version 2.0 of AA. Which you most likely have.

If there really not there you should do the advance marksmen training you have to get 32 i think. ( just down miss more than twice)