America's Army?

Discussion in 'Games' started by DaYC-Ent, Nov 17, 2003.

1. DaYC-Ent macrumors newbie

does anyone here play America's Army? i figure at least somebody would like a free-download, free-online-play, high quality game like that.

I play it on my PeeCee, and even though I have to turn everything down, it's still a great game. Pretty cool concept the way the teams work. (even though i would like be a bad guy once in a while)

I don't think 2.0 has come out for Mac yet, but 1.9 is still great.

Anyway, I'm about to make the switch, and I'm curious as to how my latest craze runs on 'da big dogs'. :p

2. MazaGRANDEman macrumors member

America's Army

Hi,

I play America's Army and It's AWESOME!! I have played it for a couple of months now and I just love it.

Just waiting for 2.0 to arrive for Mac:D

By the way if theres enough macrumors AA players we could make a clan;)

3. DaYC-Ent thread starter macrumors newbie

i'm looking at getting a 1.25 iMac. do you think that would be good enough to play it with some decent graphics? i'm used to playing without on my pathetic pc, but it would be nice to have a few perks in detail.

also, something i never got around to on the forums, do mac's and PC's play on the same servers? this might be a dumb question, but i'm only 4 weeks old to the world of Mac's, so i'm still learning a lot...

and a mac clan sounds awesome!

4. evil macrumors 6502

i play it on my 1ghz emac sometimes. it runs just fine.

5. MazaGRANDEman macrumors member

I play with an 1 GHz iMac with 1440x900 resolution and almost the best graphic preferences and it runs fine (almost every time, maybe a little lagging on a high ping server).

And yes, Macs and PCs can play on the same servers.

Welcome to the World Of Mac! :D

6. pepeleuepe macrumors 6502

I just downloaded the game and I love it, but my machine keeps freezing up when I play network games. My hardware shouldn't be a problem, I'm running a Dual G4 1.4Ghz with 1GB RAM through a Cable Modem. I'm assuming its a software issue, just wondering if anyone else has had any problems.

7. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Dude, you have to share your secret. I returned the same spec iMac precisely because of how bad this game, and almost every other game, performed.

The only games I found that ran nicely were Q3, RtCW and Giants.

Sorry man. I don't see the point in making stuff up. There are legiond of reviews that show this same hardware struggling to get 20fps in UT2k3, the game whose engine (with significant enhancements) powers AA.

8. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Now this is a machine that should play AA and UT2ks nicely.

9. MazaGRANDEman macrumors member

I know the fps rate isn't very high, but really, the game is running fine. Like I said, it lags sometimes, but not so often that it would really interfere into my gaming experience.

I know my graphic card isn't the best U can find, but it does it's job quite well and i'm satisfied with it.

10. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Yeah, eveyrone has a different tolerance to framerates. I need dramamine if the FPs goes any lower then 30.

There is very little difference between your iMac (the one I had) and the G4 Tower I bought. My video card is faster, but the bottleneck in our systems is teh CPU.

11. Ipyro24 macrumors member

hey i have a g4 poermac 400mhz do u think it would run on it and i think its a great idea to start a clan
    im downloading it rite now

12. Striderdm1 macrumors regular

Striderdm1

Re: America's Army?

da big dogs? :cool:

I've just downloaded v2 of America's Army and i'm using panther 10.3.1 with a dual G5 (1.5gig ram). Of course, all plays very smooth and fast :D

I can't see any problems yet - this is the best download i've ever made. A superb addition to my gaming collection :D

a Fantasic release!

13. Ipyro24 macrumors member

i downloaded it and installd it
    and when i double click on the icon it shows the splash screne but then it quits i don't know whats wrong
    can someone plese help me thanks,
    pyro