America's Army

Discussion in 'Games' started by JzzTrump22, Jun 29, 2004.

1. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Is it just basic training? I just dl'd the 2.0 version. All it had to offer was basic training. It kinda sucked. I'm not going to keep it if thats all there is. How do you uninstall it? Do i just click move to trash? or is there a thing that says remove program? Sorry, i'm new to mac.

2. ExoticFish macrumors 6502a

ExoticFish

The inner depths of madness, aka Kent, OH
    well the basic training is just to get your feet wet because the game isn't a single player game, you have to play online against other people. but if you do want to remove it then yes you just move it to the trash can and then empty the trash.

but why would you want to remove such a sw00t game??? :D

3. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I didn't know that it online play. I guess i'll go online and register and give it a shot.

4. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm trying to go through the training but i can't do it. I'm on the obsticle course and everytime i finish and am trying to send in the score, it keeps saying my connection is timed out. So i can't send the score in and i can't continue. This sucks.

5. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone know what i should do? I've been trying for a while and it won't go throught to the server, i keep getting timed out.

6. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I went through the same thing, and one time it just worked. Sorry that isn't any help at all, but take it for what it is worth.

P-Worm

7. JzzTrump22 thread starter macrumors 65816

I asked around and it turns out that the server was down for a little while, but now it's back up.

So what did you guys do with the training? Did you do the bear minumum or did you do everything? I didn't even go online yet. I'm in the middle of the special forces training, on the mission where you have to reach the checkpoints. So how is online play? Is it co-op/team battle type of thing?

8. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I did most of the training, went online and wasn't good enough. So I gave up. Inspiring story, huh?

P-Worm

9. mattthemutt macrumors regular

mattthemutt

I did all of the trainoing, had no trouble with it and then played online. The kinda crappy part about online play is that you can't play as the bad guys. The other team always looks like the baddies and you are always an American soldier. But its pretty damn good for a free game. How well does it run on the mac?

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i played the hell out of this game back whenit was only pc. i did basic training, airborne, sniper, the whole 9 yards. i had a blast playing the game. then i was one of the few accounts that was deleted when they reset everyone's account. i didn't care, just stopped playing. but keep working at it, its an incredible game and even better its free.

iJon