AMEX Black Cards ~ a new twist

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Kwyjibo, Nov 27, 2004.

1. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

2. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

Wow, some people just don't know when to stop and take responsibility. I really really hope this gets thrown out of court.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

That lady is quit the consummate con-artist. I don't think that she has a leg to stand on in this case. Looks a though she will have at least 15 years to think about what she has done.

4. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    just because you can spend doesnt mean u should!!!

shes an idiot!!!

5. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

6. Makosuke macrumors 603

I've heard of a lot of ways of trying to weasel out of debit, but suing a credit card company for TWICE THE AMMOUNT YOU SPENT because you were to crazy to deserve a card? How does that logic even work?

What, the trauma of being able to spend that million bucks means she deserves to keep the stuff plus get an extra million to stave off future attacks of "I'm a con artist witout the artist"?

On second thought, she'd have to be clinically insane to believe that any jury would go for that one. In which case, she should spend a nice long time in a padded room far away from $200,000 jewelry and normal social activity, not gifted with a couple million bucks for her trouble.

7. absolut_mac macrumors 6502a

absolut_mac

Hahahaha

Black Centurion card?

I think that all Amex will see is a black hole when she can't pay the bill and her *assets* are insufficient. Although I do agree with the other posters who assume that she'll probably have a few years of forced solitude to think about it.

8. asif786 macrumors 65816

asif786

Dont you need to have a significant amount of cash/capital to get these cards?

I dont think the idea is such a bad one, but perhaps the checks being made before the cards are being given out arent sufficient..

9. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

so, i have to spend 150 grand a year to get the card. ok, but why do i have to pay 2500 smileys in annual fee on top? don't they make enough money from the 150+ grand that i spent?????? :confused:

probably the insurance to cover cases like this is about $2500 a year.

it seems the card is not there to make your live easier, it's there for the sake of throwing out money.

well, not my problem although i wish it was! :D :D :D

10. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Basicly it's for those folks who have a ******** of money to throw around, IE celebrities and CEOs. I remember seeing something about it. You have to be spending 150K a year to keep the thing, but it does come with it's own concergerie(sp?) service. You could never leave your house and just call Amex and tell them to buy you stuff.

11. Kwyjibo thread starter macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo