Amiga emulation?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Dagless, Oct 27, 2005.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Right i'm pretty much putting an end to playing my original Amiga until I get a cheap 2nd one for gaming. its an old machine that I dont want to see break apart. so im effectively going to lock it away for the future.

But I cannot live without my Turrican! I've heard that there was a port of WinUAE for OSX but I cant seem to get it to download?
    any tips or sites where download is possible?

without turrican i dont know what I'd do! not until i FINALLY complete that damn game!

not when this song just brings back too many memories http://static.turricanforever.de/soundbase/T1_Title.mp3 oh god im getting nostalgic... you know when Turrican 1 was loading up i used to eject the floppy so i could just listen to this song over and over. that was back when I didn't even like music! when i was about 6!

2. TheGimp macrumors 6502

I remember doing that with Psygnosis' Blood Money. That song and asteroid field intro took up the entire first of two floppies comprising the game. Shadow of the Beast was another favorite soundtrack.

As for emulation, I don't remember which UAe I used, but a couple of years ago I played several of my favorite Amiga games in Jaguar, these running pretty flawlessly but looking rather bad on my 23" Apple Display. Now I just emulate Amiga on the PSP (last thing you want to hear!) and all is happiness on that small screen. There's even a workbench and compatibility with several of the kick.rom versions. The analog nub functions as the mouse and disks get mounted as df0:, etc as in other emulators.

3. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Thats pretty cool that you can play it on your PSP but i'd miss the keyboard.
    But yea, cheers for the link Risc! If only Stuffit expander didn't crash when it tries to extract .sit files :D silly machine of mine.

4. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

a little problem...

does MaxUAE run extremely slow for anyone else? Any little hidden tick boxes saying "run normal!" anywhere that im missing? :) any tips for running at faster speeds?

5. Dreamkatcha macrumors regular

Dreamkatcha

There are better alternatives than MaxUAE. You might want to check out my advice in this thread.

6. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Yeah like running an Amiga emulator on Windows, sorry to say but I've tried Amiga emus on Linux, OS X, and Windows - Windows is by far the most superior.