an angry mac user

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ouketii, Jun 27, 2003.

1. ouketii macrumors regular

it might be offensive to some of you, but its really funny. i especially like the part where he talks about the handles on macs. www.ancientspear.com/mac.wmv just don't take it seriously. enjoy.

2. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

VERY FUNNY. I have never had any of those problems on my Mac, but I have had at least 5 of them on my PC today. I really hate it when I drag a file to a new location on my PC and it just creates an alias in the new location. :D

Didn't this just win a prize at WWDC, why is it in the Windows Meda Format? I had to play it on my PC.

3. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

What's hilarious is that many of the things they're criticizing about Macs are the very problems I was having with my PC before I switched.

4. acj macrumors 6502

Good Job

Regardless of the infrequency of the problems he described, he did a pretty good job with this, and it's funny.

5. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

i've never heard of these problems that this guy thinks he's having...probably just a guy that wants to make fun of apple's "switch" ads. probably has never used a mac either.

and i agree...i've only had these problems on pcs!

6. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Old but funny video. I'm surprised ya'll haven't seen it before.

Lethal

7. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

what the hell, i cnat get it to play, wmp, vlc, or mplayer wont do it. anything i am doing wrong?

iJon

8. Fender2112 macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

Interesting. While this guy is trashing the Mac, I made a few observations.

1. There were serveral reverences to PC's
    2. A brief mention of using DOS.
    3. NO mention of Windows.

My conclusion is that this guy has only used DOS and never a windowing environment. For some reason he thinks he is using OS X but is actually using Windows.

9. blogo macrumors 6502

The best switch ad is offcourse the gamers version :)

10. 1bit macrumors newbie

yeah... it certainly amused me for a few minutes

thanks

11. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

it's so stupid though. system files gone? nothing ever truly gone on a PC, but lost on a mac? we have a trash can on a mac. i can't figure out how to get rid of the damn thing. it's easy as pie to get rid of the recycle bin on windows. and system files, what? whatever. i mean, sure, i guess this was kind of amusing, but i can't identify with it at all. is that the joke?

on another note, i watched this on my mac WMP, and got no video. is that supposed to happen?

12. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

pretty funny - i just wonder - how did he do the imac boot? it seemed very real to me. what a waste of an imac that could run OSX.

13. maraczc macrumors member

I didn't get any video either. But his comments didn't make much sense. I mean if you don't want system preferences popping up and down all the time than you should just set it not to pop up more than a set number of times or make it not run checks. It's not at all more annoying than those crappy "Update Software Now?" popups in windows which you can only set to put off 3 days max, and appear at restart. As for the renaming, I mean come on how hard is it to remember to click on the icon and not the name.

His sarcastic comment about shutting down the computer is pretty funny though. And his comment on beign cluttered I can agree with. I don't that that this was meant to be a joke.

14. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

15. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

damn!! it just froze!.... quick, "clover leaf + period + spacebar"! :D

LOL!! :D that was a good one. that has to be a joke, right? LOL. either way, i don't mind laughing at other peoples misfortune. :D

"the Mac is killing my inner child." LOL :D

16. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

clover leaf! hah! i never noticed he had said that! man, it seems like i alwas call that the apple key when i am too lazy to remember that it's the "command" key. that's pretty funny.

17. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

1. It's not the same if you don't see the picture.
    2. If you don't think this was a joke then you a crappy sense of humor (no offense) or you take Macs way to seriously or you lack at the ability to laugh at yourself or all of the above. ;)

Lethal

18. Fender2112 macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

I didn't get video either. Just the audio.

19. Fender2112 macrumors 6502a

Fender2112

Hmmm...I've always called it the Apple key, also. Wonder why? Now I remember. I have an old Quadra 700 set up for the kids. The command keys have an Apple symbol on them.

20. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

mine does too. they still look just like this:

[​IMG]

minus the stupid red thing.

21. alset macrumors 65816

alset

How are others getting video? I want to see this guy.

Dan

22. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

"Mac killed my inner-child."

That was really funny, I laughed so hard when he like kicks the iMac apart :p

A lot of the stuff he mentioned is untrue, but still funy; I have had to deal with the alias thing soooo many times in 98SE (Thats a version of windows).

Thanks for the link, original poster

-tazo

23. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

No video :( I've tried using WiMP and VLC, and neither show the video, they just play the sound.

24. tazo macrumors 68040

tazo

I used the "****e pc that allegedly can never get anything to work" to play it in winamp.

25. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I just tried to play it on my mum's PC, and it connects to the MS site to download a codec, but fails, telling me it can't find one. So it seems that it might not be a WMV file per se, but something else in a WMV "wrapper" (like how you can have all kinds of formats in a QuickTime wrapper).