An Apple a Day - How Much Do You Love Macintosh?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by phmagic, Sep 26, 2006.

1. phmagic macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2006
    For Anthropogy's Sake, I decided to query the Mac lovers of the world.

Please complete and return to phmagic {(at)}

There are around 20 non required questions. You only have to answer ten completely, fifteen half-heartedly, and 14 in full. Questions are not in any order.

Tell me about rituals that Apple users engage in every year. Do you await news of the next cat version of the OS? Do you watch Apple conferences? Do you congregate around Burning Man?

Do you think Apple has a cult following, or is it common sense? Would you consider yourself more logical than most PC users because they can’t figure the out-of-the-box phenomenon?

Rate your expertise with Macs. Give a brief justification for this by elaborating on what you do (custom) wise with your Mac.

Now rate your expertise with PCs. How long since you switched? Do you like the elevated minority status of being sensible about computers?

If you can describe Steve Jobs in as many phrases as you like, how many phrases would you choose? What would they be?

How often do you use iLife? Is it your life? What about dashboard?

When you see a blue screen of death on another’s PC, what do you do?

Tell me about any Mac groups, discussions, people you’ve met who share your love.

If there was a button on Dashboard to deny Republicans more control, would you push it? If number of times counted, how many times would you push the button?

What kind of music do you like? What is your major/profession? What do you like to do?

What is your favorite Apple product? Is there a product from Apple’s current line that you think is ridiculous?

What do you think makes a Mac what it is? The OS? The hardware design? The seamless integration? In other words, what do you think of people running Windows on new Apple Computers?

How does time flow for you? Do you get things done before, after, or right when it’s necessary? Do you have a lax or strict schedule? How much time do you spend fixing your computer?

Would you give up your fully functional, powerful Mac and display it forever as art?

You are in a 20 x 20 ft room with 51 nude men and 50 nude women, and ten thousand angry Tasmanian devils. What do you do? (Assume room has no exit)

Do you think Roman script (alphabetic characters) is art?

What would you pick to wear for a day? For a week? For your thirty seconds of fame?

The prince of darkness asked you to play a song on any instrument for him. What instruments would you play?

What holidays do you celebrate that the majority doesn’t?

(REQUIRED) Tell me about how you came to use and love Mac.

(REQUIRED) How strong of a bond do you feel to other Mac lovers?

(REQUIRED) Made up your own question about your fun with Apple and answer it.
  2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Los Angeles
    What are you going to do with the results of your survey?
  3. zane macrumors 6502

Jun 18, 2006
    yes i second that question
  4. phmagic thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2006

It's a simple paper for my Anthropology Class. No national, commercial, or attack will result from answering.

Phu Nguyen

University of Arizona
    Tucson, AZ. USA.