An Apple tribute :)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Razorhog, Oct 11, 2006.

1. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Sep 16, 2006
    Just wanted to share my experience with buying a Mac. A few months ago some article or something I read sparked a little flame in my mind. The flame grew as time went on, and I found myself browsing forums, reading articles, newbie guides, etc. I decided to make the switch when the new 24" iMac was released. What a beautiful machine!
    So I sold my beloved ATV, which was collecting dust in the garage and had money burning a hole in my pocket. I found that, because I work for the Public School System, I was eligible for the Apple Edu discount and I couldn't resist any longer. I placed the order last Tuesday morning on the Apple store website and started the wait for my 24" iMac, 2.16GHz, 2GB Ram, 500GB Hdd. I didn't have to wait long. It arrived six days after I placed my order on the website. I was really suprised it got here so fast.
    I'm a total Mac newbie and have really enjoyed getting to learn OS X these last couple of days. Thanks to the folks here that have helped me out.
    Last night I gave BootCamp a shot and XP Home installed flawlessly. I installed Doom3 and it runs in 1600x1200 with all detail settings on high - beautiful. Haven't checked framerate, but it runs so well I don't really need to :)
  2. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

Mar 7, 2006
    Glad to hear that you had a good experience with it and it should do you well for a long time to come.
  3. hush macrumors member

Sep 20, 2006
    Madrid, Spain
    I am the IBM tribute man, and I have to say a couple of things:

1. this entire site is a tribute to Apple.

2. Congratulations, I hope you enjoy it a lot of time.

3. (well, not a couple, but three)... I am waiting for MBP released as well :D
  4. dmw007 macrumors G4

May 26, 2005
    Working for MI-6
    Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new 24" iMac Razorhog. :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mac OS. :)