An Avatar for me...

Discussion in 'Community' started by Billicus, Jul 10, 2003.

1. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

I don't have the software to make myself an avatar, so I was wondering if somebody from the community could help me out by making an avatar with a waving dollar bill or something like that since my name here is billicus. Thanks in advance. :D:D:D:D

2. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Jeez...I forgot the picture I took:

Attached Files:

• 500!.jpg
      500!.jpg
      File size:
      13.7 KB
      Views:
  3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

There's plenty of people around here who may want to do it for u...it's not hard.

but...please...for future reference...don't make special posts/threads for your 500th...

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

while I agree with you eye, I don't see how he could get someone to make his avatar without doing this.

It would be much less annoying for him to make this thread then for him to PM 25 people asking them to make the 'tar.

You may be able to do it yourself Billicus.

or maybe here

vniow seems to be good at things like this.

scem0

5. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

6. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I agree with you also eyelikeart, it's best not to start a thread to boast. Being humble is always the best approach.

Billicus, my approach to get an avatar was low key. At the time when I was eligible there happened to be a thread about Avatars. So I just posted that I needed help with an Avatar. Lucky for me vinow was kind enough to assist. Just try asking, I'm sure that someone will offer their assistance!
    ;)

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Well it's not so much the boast factor. A while back we had a lot of problems with people boosting their postcounts up to 500 just for an avatar. We finally got away from it, for the most part, and this type of thread was a part of that problem. ;)

8. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

What was I suppose to do? PM every member I could think of until one of them said they'd make me a 'tar? ;) I think this is a tad easier. :D

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Billicus like I had mentioned above, it's best to post in a thread about avatars. I did a search of the forum, avatar. The thread below is an example of what I'm talking about! I'm very confident that you will find someone to assist!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=15532&highlight=avatar

10. ecino1 macrumors member

wtf

Who cares if this dude made a new thread for his 500th post. It's only a thread; it's not like he is wasting a ton bandwidth or anything. Geez

11. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

hey :) congrats on hitting 500, wondered when that would happen. If no one else volunteers, i could help you out, all you really need is Appleworks, or even freeware image programs... JKM used to offer a few days of GIFbuilder lessons in ACA or ACA2, so she would also be a good person to talk to... A lot of people here spend way too much time on these things, like I said I used Appleworks rather than dicking with PS... not too powerful but hey, it's a start... and then you have 100% creative control :)

pnw

12. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Re: wtf

seriously.

congrats on making 6502, man, there has never been a better time to contribute ;) i would help you with the 'tar, but ii am on vacation now, don't think i have the time. i look forward to seeing what you pick. personally, i would just go find something interesting, wouldn't feel like i had to do a pecuniary 'tar. of course, if that's what you're after, good luck.

here is one i found online and made 'tar sized:

Attached Files:

13. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

do you have an aim icon? there are lots of sites with aim icons they are the perfect size and they are sometimes animated too, sorry i odn't have an specfic links

14. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

I'll try this one for awhile. I'll figure something else out later. Thanks :D

15. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Congratulations on your new Avatar Billicus. I think that it's cool. Glad that your request was sucessfull. I was very confident that someone would be willing to help! Enjoy!

16. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

nice find shadow. Bill if you use someone elses tar you should credit them in your signature as to show proper respect, wdlove for example credits vniow :)

17. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

ehhh, glad you like it. just found it on an image search, it was on some low-watt site, and i just resized it for you. no credit necessary, but of course you're welcome to ;)

18. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Credit where credit is due. I think people deserve to know that you helped me. :D

19. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

well that's cool then. of the three people i have done 'tars for so to speak, two of them (you and MrMacman) still have the 'tars i "did." i actually did mrmacman's myself, with the MR array of smileys.

20. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

mr anderson, then dukestreet, did my g5 logo which was a modification of a motorola g4 i think

if you watch the logo long enough, you will see a quick flash go across it...it's a nice touch from mr. anderson:D

21. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

liked the rotating money better. This one I feel like I have to stand and salute while I read your posts. To each his own.:cool:

22. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the rotaing money was really cool, i agree

but this flag has a lot of detail and looks fairly real

23. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

I'll try to keep my options open, but I found this flag online and resized it to fit because I thought it was really cool. :cool:

24. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A very nice new Avatar Billicus. Looks very patriotic, has a real looking quality. Would like to have that as a desktop!

25. Billicus thread starter macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Thanks for the kind words. I really like this flag. You might be able to find some kind of flag desktop over at MacDesktops.