Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Been away from the Web for a few days. And might not have the chance to get back till after Thanksgiving. just wanted to send a Happy Thanksgiving to everyone here.

Been trying to go through boxes here that I have neglected too long since my move. Some of which involved getting rid of CD's and DVD's of files that I stored for some God forsaken reason.

In some ways it is surprising at the number of good times that my ex and I had in the past 6 years (digitally as least, for it seems that my first digital camera was back then). Been too "lazy" or "chicken" to go through the prints and negatives so far.

That being said, I find myself realizing that with Thanksgiving just a day and half a way, I have lots to be thankful for. So many people, so little time.

I thank God that I had been surrounded by so many caring and loving people this past year (many of which are here on MR). I will not embarrass those here on MR, by mentioning individuals (or get myself in trouble by forgetting a name). But a big thanks for being here for me and my ex this past year.

Some names that I do feel need mentioning from outside of MR, are my sister, Denise. For she was my support in doing what I thought was impossible. And was there to help clean, pack, and find others to help in these tasks.

Then there was Diane from Homeless Animal Rescue Team (HART) that worked hard an long to place my beloved dog, Chewey, with Friends of Homeless Animals (FOHA) - in finding a new and loving home for Chewey.

If one lacks Faith, one should look at my being sent Heavenly Cleaning Services. Don and his wife provided both cleaning and spiritual support during the daring my dark times this past spring.

And finally there was Kanaka, my real estate agent. She may be of a different Faith, but I do think that she was guided to me. She kept me strong in getting my TH ready for sale. She also got me the highest price paid in my TH community at the time (and so far since).

I give thanks that I have a job that I love, with a company that I like - still. I give thanks that I have been able to travel to cities like SF and Chicago, and met some great people along the way.

I gave thanks for many things that I might take for granted. Having a stable roof over my head. Having a job to go to. Having regular food on my table. Being able to come home to a place that is mine in some way. Pictures, memorabilia, computer, and cameras - and the such.

For there are many people, we are reminded, that don't have as much. And if they did, it was taken away in the wash of waves and the slashing winds.

Sorry for going on. But the past few days has given me pause as to what I have been given in life, and neglected to fully appreciate. I only hope that I can learn from the lessons of this past year.

In the end, I wish all a Happy Thanksgiving. For I have been shown this past year, there is much to be thankful for....

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
I know it's been a rough, rough year for you Chip, so thank you so much for sharing the things you're thankful for. I too, have some friends who have stood by me and taken care of me in the throws of depression and sorrow this year, that make me very thankful. :)

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Travel tomorrow out of country, so won't be online for a while, after tonight. Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving, Chip, and for all the MR people. You're all a great bunch.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
xsedrinam said:
Travel tomorrow out of country, so won't be online for a while, after tonight. Here's to a Happy Thanksgiving, Chip, and for all the MR people. You're all a great bunch.

Thanks to you and others.

I make no bones about my future travel (just got confirmation from my boss, that I will be able to do my Iceland trip in late January or during the month of February. Or so I hope with this confirmation.

I understand the desire to use our "passports"....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.