An equivalent to ResEdit

Discussion in 'macOS' started by harveypooka, Jan 13, 2006.

1. harveypooka macrumors 65816

I'm hoping to make some themes for my k750i and also try and fiddle with it's settings. Is there any MacOSX equivalent to ResEdit? I loved ResEdit...

2. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

I'd love to help you, but I don't understand your question. I assume you mean the K750i phone, but ResEdit was used for manipulating the resources in Mac OS pre X. Please explain exactly what you want to do.

3. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    IF your looking for a Hex Editor I'd suggest looking into Resourcerer X. as far as themes you may want to use Photoshop.

4. harveypooka thread starter macrumors 65816

I know that I need to create the images in an image editor, but I've no idea how to put them together to form a theme. I remember using Res Edit years ago to take apart the help application and put my own stuff in it...that's the kind of thing I want...

5. croshtique macrumors 6502

If you want to make themes for SE phones, try the official SonyEricsson Themes Creator program.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Wooo! I didn't realise they'd released a Mac version of it!

There's also Mylasyk which had a java-based theme creator on it which was quite usable. Drag and drop the images/textures you want and it automatically resized them to the appropriate pixel size for your phone.