An Event You DON'T Want To Miss!!

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mtorbin, Jul 13, 2006.

1. mtorbin macrumors member

[​IMG]

The Center City Philadelphia Macintosh Users Group is a non-profit community organization open to ANYONE, regardless of skill level, age, operating system or professional background (yes, Windows users are welcome too!). Our goal at each of our monthly meetings is to offer unique and exciting presentations surrounding not only Apple products and the Macintosh computing platform, but third party products and services as well. We offer both the beginner and the expert an open forum in which they can ask all the questions they want and get exposure to industry experts and local professionals who otherwise would not be so readily available. What's more, everyone who attends has the opportunity to enter into our monthly raffle!

If you have an iPod and want to learn how to sync it, this group is for you! If you have an iBook or G4 tower and want to learn more about what you can REALLY accomplish, this group is for you! If you just bought a MacBook or MacBook Pro and want to know more about boot camp and Parallels, this group is for you! If you're a beginner Francis Bacon, a novice Bill Nye or even an apprentice Allanis Morrisette and you want to learn more about iLife, THIS GROUP IS FOR YOU!!

We also want to give you, the community, the opportunity to shine! If you have a particular software application or piece of hardware that you are just giddy about, we want to know! In fact, we don't just want to know, we want you to tell the rest of us yourself! If you're ready to give a small 45 minute demonstration let us know and we'll put you on the schedule! After all, this IS a community organization and it's only right that we hear from the community!

So whether you're a seasoned veteran or you're simply interested in how the other half lives, we welcome you to stop by and see what we have to offer. You can visit us on the web at http://www.ccpmug.org. We are confident that you will love what you find at our meetings and of course, we all know the saying:

''Once you go Mac, you never go back!''

2. mtorbin thread starter macrumors member

Point taken

Possibly, but you don't have to be from Philadelphia to come. In fact, we're open to New Jersians, Delawarians and even New Yorkers if they so choose!

- MT

3. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

What about hobbits?:p

4. mtorbin thread starter macrumors member

Well, as you know, Philadelphians LOVE to eat, so we don't have too many here (as they all get eaten). However, I think we can restrain ourselves if a few that LOVE Macs show up.

- MT

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sounds cool, I might attend if I lived a little bit closer to Philadelphia mtorbin. :)

6. mtorbin thread starter macrumors member

On a serious note, when my wife and I started the Center City Philadelphia Macintosh Users Group, we wanted to bring something different to the world of MUGs. Sure, we all expect to go to a MUG and hear how great Apple is, but there's more to it then that. What about how our cell phones, printers, scanners, cameras, routers, firewalls and lifestyles interact with our Apple products? Are those not important aspects as well? THAT is what makes us different. We are more then just a MUG. We don't focus on the WHAT, we focus on the WHAT ELSE.

The other aspect that we feel strongly about is supporting the OTHER developers. The world isn't made up of just Adobe, Microsoft and formerly Macromedia... as much as they would like that to be the case. Our best hopes are that a new Mac fan will come to our meetings, learn something new and possibly walk away with the tools they need to apply their new skills for free (from our monthly raffles). What could be better?

- MT

7. iAlan macrumors 65816

iAlan

A bit of a commute for me, but I will be there in spirit

I hope you have a 3E event -enjoyable, entertaining and enlightening (but not necessarily in that order)

Edit: Can’t spell for the life of me

8. mtorbin thread starter macrumors member

Thank You SO Much!

We've been very fortunate to have so much positive feedback and support. People, in general, have been very open to supporting our group. Thank you for your kind words!

The one thing that I am somewhat disappointed by is the surprisingly large group of people who are "waiting in the wings" to see how we do. I think after two months we've proved that we're not going anywhere, but I guess some people need more convincing.

- MT