Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

farleysmaster

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
Well this is a tread about iOS 5. Nobody ever said this was an iOS 4.3

Yeah, but the question was do the titles scroll. And they do!

Maybe it is something that yahoo did. Why would that be added as an OS feature?

Well I've never seen that be possible in Mobile Safari. Will check on my iOS 4.3 iPhone. (just checked. The Pop-over ads are present there too...)

Kentochan

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
Virginia, USA
I wonder how many features Apple will put on their website, advertisements etc. Surely they can't get around to all of them? But for now it seems like a very nice addition to iOS :D

Bubbasteve

macrumors 65816
Dec 23, 2004
Charleston, IL
Within the settings of the iOS device there is a new "Messages" option for the iPod and iPad where you can set/create the email address that will be used.

Interesting - thanks for answering!

Just to clarify - you will be able to set your iMessage to your brothers iTunes account but have the App Store/iTunes Store account to yours? Apologies if that's confusing

Essentially I'm making sure that the iMessage account could remain independent of the account that's tied to that devices App Store account

mentholiptus

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2009
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone know if photos can be organized on the phone?

gazter

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2010
The one simple feature that has been missing from IOS from launch. In calendar App on iphone, been able to click on phone numbers and dial!!

This feature is present in safari and notes etc, but not in calendar...

SlowTuna

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Anyone know if Screen Brightness access has been improved

rgspb

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
Streaming to bluetooth

iOS4 already streams artist/song info. It works on both our cars, been like that since it came out.

Last edited:

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Bubbasteve said:
Within the settings of the iOS device there is a new "Messages" option for the iPod and iPad where you can set/create the email address that will be used.

Interesting - thanks for answering!

Just to clarify - you will be able to set your iMessage to your brothers iTunes account but have the App Store/iTunes Store account to yours? Apologies if that's confusing

Essentially I'm making sure that the iMessage account could remain independent of the account that's tied to that devices App Store account

Yep you can use diff accounts for iCloud (includes imessages), stores, and home sharing.

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/534.32 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

kppolich said:
can't wait for that weather app update and for it to be on the lock screen! finally

Sadly there in no way to get weather on the lockscreen, only the pull down.

rgspb

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010

Anyone know if photos can be organized on the phone?

Great question, similar to mine. Apple says you can take a pic out of the cloud gallery (or whatever it's called) and put it in one of your folders. So if you take a pic on iPhone it then also shares it to the cloud. At which point you can go to iPad and save that photo from the cloud gallery to a folder on iPad. 1st question: ANY folder or just the main folder? 2nd question, if I save that picture to a folder on my iPad, will that same picture then be saved to the same folder on my other devices? Or will I have to go into each device and copy that picture from the cloud to another folder?

rick98761

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2005
Kansas City, MO

///M5 said:
I can tether my iPad 2 to my iPhone using Bluetooth. I'm surprised that that is not mentioned.

Pretty sure that was possible in 4.3

joeworrall

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2010
What about "29.LED Flash for Alerts"!!!!

Is this going to be using the camera flash and proximity sensor to periodically blink when the phone is face down and possibly only in silent mode as a different alert method?

MCP-511

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2010
Having recently acquired an iPod Touch, I found the keynote of some interest. But it begs the question, if Steve gets up on stage like that in front of the world and makes such a claim, shouldn't there be some definitive list of changes on the Apple website?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.