An Inclusive, Holiday Wish!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Dec 23, 2004.

1. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I wanted to send out some sort of holiday greeting, but it is rather difficult in today's world to know exactly what to say without offending someone. Like the PR professional I am, I met with my solicitor today and on her advice I want to say to all of you: Please accept, without prejudice and with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, nonaddictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice or secular practices of your choice with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.

I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2005, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country, nor the only "America" in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, or sexual preference of the wishee.

By accepting this greeting, you are accepting these terms: This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher.

Author unknown.

2. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

haha. Some people miss th forest for the trees...

BTW, your sig. has "Merry Christmas" in it. What?! Are you trying to push your religious views on me? You sanctimonious bastard!

Happy Christmas and New Year to you and yours Stu...

3. Zaid macrumors 6502

And a merry Christmas to you too Stu (provided of course that such words from a committed heathen do not cause offence)

And a merry Christmas to the rest of you, Zim, Pseudo, skunk, Sayhey, Ugg, IJ, blackfox and everyone else too; or if you'd prefer have an enjoyable day off work :) (or designated holiday of your choice :) )

And of course Frohe Weihnachten to takao (which is today I believe)

4. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Happy Holidays to one and all! Especially to mac, Taft and everyone else I missed naming in my Thanksgiving greetings. Sorry, I just did it again. A toast to everyone. :p

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

6. takao macrumors 68040

takao

merry christmas everyoneas well
    it's 13:26 and we have still no christmas tree standing in our living room but we've still roughly 4 hours left ...this gonna get close ... like every year

i hope we don't have to sing in front of the tree this year

thank the christmas gods that everything is over in 7 hours ;)

7. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Chuckle chuckle chuckle....(notice no smiley/laughing face..my present to you, you heathen bastard!)

8. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Is it safe to say "Live long and Prosper"? Stu, I think I'll print that up and hang it by my desk at work.

9. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

NO, it shows preference to Aliens and Geeks.

10. maya macrumors 68040

maya

ROTFLMAO. :)

Seasons Greetings to All and to All a Goodnight. :)

11. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Gonna go way out on a Christmas Tree limb here, and wish EVERYONE a Merry Christmas, and for those not really familar with the True Christmas story, and want to read the King James Version, It is posted here with a link.

May the true meaning of Christmas, and the Peace of Christ be with you and those close to you.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! (spam?)

http://www.bibleontheweb.com

use search pull downs for LUKE Chapter 2

12. stubeeef thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Wether or not you are a Christian or Not, or Catholic or not, you should have so healthy respect for the present Pope. A real man of peace, and part architect of the fall of communism, he is wise and kind. Here is his Christmas message.

And this story about new hope of peace in Bethlehem

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Merry X-Mas. (This is a non-inclusive greeting that applies only to certain Marvel superheroes.)

14. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Considering X-Mas (and Easter) was originally meant to be inclusive to others celebrating things like the Winter Soltice, and it becoming more of a comercialized Holiday than religious, you'd think we would continue the tradition. Don't hate the religion folks, hate those trying to corrupt it and lead astray those who practice it, just to push their own agendas (usually contrary to the true meaning of what they say they are fighting for).

Merry X-Mas everybody, and Happy Holidays.