An Introduction .... Powerbook 12" Adder

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by eVolcre, Mar 21, 2003.

1. eVolcre macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Hi all,

Just a small note to say thank you. I will be a adder soon, having added a 12"PB to my IBM T23. Gained lots of information on this site and wanted to let you all know what I bought after 4 months of research ....

A tidbit, I am an insider of a failrly large company connected with the future of Apple. Without giving things away, let me just say that f I went public with my PB purchase, I wold have a 100% chance to be on a switcher commercial. :)

I ended up purhcasing a PB 12" with a logitech elite duo, canon scanner, and icurve as accessories.

I'm in the process of deciding what speakers to pick up ...

As a round 2 gift to myself, once the initial Apple enthusiasm is tempered, I plan on buying an IPOD, noise cancelling headphones and a 23" display.

Round 2 , btw , is a week after round 1. lol.

Thanks again ... Any comments or advice? I hope to be an active participant of this forum so .. hi! You can call me "EV"

Cheers EV

2. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

hugemullens

Keep in mind you can't drive a 23 inch studio display off a 12 inch powerbook. It has vga, and you need DVI. Just so ya know.

3. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

also, the 12" powerbook can't display more than 1600x1200 resolution, so youd be better off getting a used DVI 22" or maybe a 20".

4. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

woah

Wait, wasn't there some sort of a cable thingamajimmy that converted from VGA to DVI?

could you explain that? does that mean the 23" has a higer resolution than 1600x1200? Why should it matter if I just want to use the smaller resolution on the bigger screen. Should still work me thinks ...

How much do used 22" go for do you think?

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

its gonna be a 300 dollar adapter to get that 23 to work with the 12 inch powerbook. get a 20 instead, not much difference and its cheaper. trust me, i have the 20 and 23

iJon

6. eVolcre thread starter macrumors 65816

eVolcre

Cool. Thx. Makes sense. I could always pair two 20" if i ever needed to.

I can get the 20" for $ 1099 anway. Sister is a student ')

7. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

Good choice. And yes, you probably can run the 23" display at a lower resolution, but what's the point? Also, the powerbook supports only one external display.