An Ive for Design

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Sep 15, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Heh. He's been out of the public eye for such a long time, I was beginning to wonder if he was in the process of being Steved.

3. macrumors 68020

winmacguy

From everything I have read about, he sounds like a very private kind of person.

4. macrumors 65816

treblah

Which sucks. Of anyone, he should become Apple's next CEO.

5. macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

actually i disagree. he is a designer. and not a marketing guy.

anyway, i don't care who takes over when SJ steps down. as long as he is at least as passionate as we are about our platform of choice.

6. macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I really enjoyed that. I particularly hope this comment about the MacBooks is true:

"While this new notebook has been a huge seller, it's gotten far fewer hosannas than past PowerBooks received. Chances are Ive's team will have some eye candy for Apple's second generation of Intel-based products, once the company figures out what new capabilities it can offer thanks to the new chips."

Ive has surely been unleashed by the move to Intel, and I hope we see many, many new ideas over the next few years.

7. macrumors 65816

billyboy

Why would a new processor mean new ideas for aesthetic designs from Ive? Cant see them pushing for notebooks much thinner than 1" That standard thickness is rather like a pricepoint, just keep cramming as much technology into that case size as possible.

8. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Yeh, but for a while Apple were trotting him out for every product introduction. They seem to have stopped that after the iMac G5 debut. There was a quick blurb for the first nano (or was it the 5G iPod?), but that's about it.