An odd UT 2004 glitch

Discussion in 'Games' started by absurdio, Jun 5, 2004.

1. absurdio macrumors 6502

I can't recall if it was always this way or if it just happened one day, but, regardless, I now have a few little oddities in my UT2004 that I can't explain. (I should mention that I also only have the demo thus far, but I've had it for some time).

1) In the main menu screens, when you scroll over one of the menu items, a gray box appears with text in it explaining what that menu item does. Only for me there's no text. Just the gray box. Very annoying and not at all helpful.

2) In Onslaught, when you look at your map, the power nodes should appear in the color of the team controlling them. And for me, the power nodes / pathways controlled by the red team DO appear red on the map...but for some inexplicable reason, the blue team's power nodes appear yellow. No idea why. Also, when I'm on the blue team, my display (which displays health and armor and all that) is yellow. Not blue. When I'm red, though, it's red. No idea.

3) A similar problem is that I can't ever see the blue team's team symbol (displayed next to the scores). I can see the red one just fine, but the blue one just isn't there. Rather than the black-circle-with-a-team-symbol-in-it the way it should be, it's JUST a black circle. Again, no idea, and again, only blue team suffers this way.

4) I consistantly have trouble reading the blue team's text messages. Even my own. Red messages display fine. Blue ones turn up in a faint lavender, but don't seem to be text at all, just illegible symbols. I'm stumped.

I can't imagine I'm the only one who's encountered this. If anyone has any advice, I'd be happy to take it. I did try redownloading and reinstalling the demo, but that didn't seem to change anything...unless i did something wrong there...
    Thanks
    -nb

2. bertinman macrumors 6502

I had similar probs with the demo. I never really played teams with anyone cause the demo didn't run as well as my full version on my PC.

On the otherhand...

I just bought the game a few days ago to use the Alien Swarm TC (look it up, it's awesome) and most problems dissappeared. The game seems to run quite a bit faster for some reason (far better than the 5fps I got with the ut2003 demo back in the day) but my cross hair is light purple no matter what I set it to -- it's also very small for some reason which makes it hard for me personally.

3. thecow macrumors 6502

4. bertinman macrumors 6502

5. absurdio thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've got the newest version. When I started noticing these things, I just got rid of my existing demo, redownloaded, and reinstalled, and I hoped that would solve the problem, but it didn't seem to change anything...