An old game!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Totalimmortak, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Totalimmortak macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2006
    Okay, not sure if this goes here or not, but I have a question:

I rememebr a while ago, when I had me old Performa, I had this demo disc that my dad brought home one night, and it had this one game on it. I vaguely remember it, but I liked it. It was a color game, I believe point and click, and not by Lucas Arts I believe. It took place in like, probably the 1600's, and I only remember one part. Your guys board this ship, and it starts sailing away, but, somehow the big cliff rocks close and kill you unless you throw a stone at it or something. I don't remember anything else from it, but, Anybody remember this game? I know it's vague, but please.
  2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

Dec 24, 2005
    i have absolutely no idea what u r talking about. but if it was a demo disk and not very old, you could try searching apple for it in the downloads section. its are far shot, but by your description, that is the best i can think of.
  3. Totalimmortak thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 21, 2006
    I dobut it would be on their website. I had this demo in probably, oh 1997 or so.
  4. Badandy macrumors 68040

Sep 29, 2005
    Sorry to hijack your thread, but it reminded me of this great game I used to play on old macs when I was in middle school. It was a paper airplane game wehre you would fly a paper airplane around levels (usually in houses) and you would control it with the arrow keys. it would move up when it got over a heat vent and stuff. I hope you guys can remember what its name is (because I can't) and where I can get it, and if it will work with new macs (I don't have one yet).
  5. Lazyhound macrumors regular

Jul 19, 2005
  6. Kernow macrumors 65816

Sep 30, 2005
    It sounds like Glider Pro. Not really played it, but it sounds exactly like what you describe. :)
  7. ArkabaS macrumors member

Dec 3, 2004
    The Moon
    Sounds like a Monkey Island game to me, but that can't really be since old school Lucas Arts didn't really support old school Macs.

It might be something from old school Sierra.

Try there website and see if anything looks familiar.