An open apology to Apple

Discussion in 'Community' started by Einrel Koral, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Einrel Koral macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2005
    Dear Apple,

For years, I was an Apple hater. I bashed you guys, your hardware, and your software from here to kingdom come because it was all I knew. I had only used Macs in school in the mid- to late-'90s, and because the school didn't take good care of their computers, they were slow and clunky. I therefore grew up hating Macs.

Tomorrow, I am moving back in to my dorm for my second year of college. I am taking with me the iMac G5, 2.0 GHz, 17" that I received by FedEx today. I was wrong. I was very, very wrong.

I apologize for all of my years of Apple-bashing; you guys rule.

Some Guy Who Bought an iMac
  2. faintember macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    the ruins of the Cherokee nation
    Steve said "Told ya so!"

But really, congrats on the purchase! You will love the experience much more than any Winblows machine you ever had!
  3. xsedrinam macrumors 601

Oct 21, 2004
    There IS hope?

Oh, please let this be for real. Please, please. :)
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i think buying their stuff is more than enough.
  5. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    This is almost tear jerking.. *runs to grab a kleenex* THEY DO SEE THE LIGHT!!!

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    I sense a bit of sarcasm in that apology. Don't need to hear it.
  7. Einrel Koral thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2005
    You're sensing sarcasm where there is none. Granted, my writing style tends to be very sarcastic by default, so maybe I leaked some in, but I assure you, it wasn't intended. I just figured I'd share yet another story of a happy switcher who isn't looking back.
  8. leekohler macrumors G5

Dec 22, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
  9. quackattack macrumors 6502a

Aug 13, 2004
    Boise, ID
  10. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

Apr 21, 2003
    washington dc
  11. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    I never hated them and look what happened to me.

Better to have hated, then never to hated at all.

Your wallet will thank you.

*Still thinking about selling dual 20's for 30-incher*
  12. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

Feb 4, 2004
    Florida Resident
    From my experience, the source of many Mac haters was from Macs in schools back in the 90's.
  13. AmigoMac macrumors 68020

Aug 5, 2003
    Welcome to the lovely side of computing. No hates here...
  14. Chundles macrumors G4

Jul 4, 2005
    *sheepishly raises hand to acknowledge hatred of mid-90's Macs in school*

Yup, they fair dinkum sucked, I think we were running OS8 or maybe even System 7, they were all PowerMacs though, the good ones were the ones with the old PowerPC logo on them - they were the ones you could use for half an hour without the need to back up....yeah, the school kept them pretty poorly. We also had a bunch of Apple ][e's that as far as I know still worked quite well. We did all the usual stuff, Hypercard, making little racing car games using a program I can't remember now, but they were so unstable and so easy to corrupt or crash.

I swore off Mac from there on in, it was Windows all the way, I couldn't stand OS9, it just didn't work the way i wanted it to work and it just looked OLD - the icons were kinda dodgy compared to the ones in Win98 or even 2000. I wasn't made aware of any new OS until my Mac-using creative designer friend upgraded his iMac G3 from OS9 to Jaguar. I had a go and thought, hey, this is pretty sweet but didn't think much about it until I started getting the viruses and losing my uni work, over, and over and over till i snapped and thought stuff this I'm getting a Mac. I started looking when the iBooks went to 1GHz on the 12" model and a mate of mine picked up the exact model I was looking at. I didn't have any money so i had to wait and boy am I glad I did cause it got me built-in wireless and a faster processor to boot for the same price.

And boy did Apple get my money after that (the iPod came first - I'm a haloer) but Tiger was the first OS I actually bought (don't count Panther - it came preinstalled) in fact iLife '05 was the first time I had ever purchased software that wasn't a game, such is the ease of coming across "shady" copies of windows etc.... yeah I know it's bad.
  15. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Oct 23, 2002
    Guilty as charged. The fact that they were running OS 8 didn't help matters much, for me at least. I really didn't get interested in Macs until OS X. Now, I can't even imagine having to deal with Windows at home. It's bad enough having to use it in the office...

Congratulations on the purchase!
  16. kalisphoenix macrumors 65816

Jul 26, 2005
    The fact that every Mac at my school was @#$%ing black and white didn't help at all, lemme tell ya...
  17. joecool85 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    If you do sell the dual 20's, PM me, I might be interested in one of them if I can get it for kinda cheap.