An Open Letter to George W. Bush: Questions for Reelection

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Toe, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Toe macrumors 65816

Mar 25, 2002
    Dear President Bush:

I understand you want my vote for a second term in office. Before I can give you that, I need you to answer a few questions for me. If you won't answer this letter directly, then I urge people at the debates or at Bush rallies to ask you these questions.

Who, exactly, is the enemy? What is your definition of a "terrorist?"

Who should take responsibility for the bad intelligence on Iraq?

How big was your personal tax break as a result of your tax cuts? How does that compare to the tax break for an Army corporal serving in Iraq?

How will we know when we've won the War on Terror? When will the DHS declare "Code Green?"

Republicans control the House, Senate and White House, and together have produced the largest deficits in U.S. history. Are you a fiscally conservative Republican?

How many nations do you anticipate invading in your second term? Will you reinstate the draft in your second term?

Who should take responsibility for the looting after the fall of Bagdad?

Do you have any family serving in combat in the military right now? Do any of your friends or colleagues have family serving in combat now?

Do you value a tax break for the wealthy more than increased funding for the War on Terror?

Does your intelligence show the invasion of Iraq has affected terrorist recruiting efforts worldwide?

What has become of Osama bin Laden?

Saddam Hussein was a horrible dictator, and you are proud to have deposed him. How would you characterize your friends Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia and General Musharraf of Pakistan?

What will the world be like when we have won the War on Terror?

How many Americans have absolutely no medical coverage? Do you personally know anyone who has no medical coverage? If so, what do you say to them?

What did you personally do to ensure that the invasion of Iraq would be conducted successfully?

Do you believe that we can win the war on terrorism by killing all the terrorists?

Does the current federal budget deficit have anything to do with your tax break for the rich?

Has the invasion of Iraq increased or decreased anti-Americanism around the world? Do you believe that anti-Americanism has anything to do with terrorism?

Will your daughters be volunteering for combat duty in Iraq, like John Kerry did when he was about their age?

What is your relationship with the Saudi royal family?

John Kerry has said he has no long-term designs on Iraq. What are your future intentions toward Iraq? Will there always be U.S. troops stationed in Iraq?

Which do you value more, tax breaks for multinational companies who export American manufacturing jobs or increased funding for the war on terror?

Is Al Qaeda stronger or weaker than it was in 2001? You repeatedly say you have neutralized a large number of Al Qaeda leaders, but is the overall organization stronger or weaker? What about all anti-American terrorist organizations today, are they stronger or weaker than they were on Sept 11?

What is your relationship with former executives at Enron?

If your daughters were soldiers stationed in Iraq today, would you feel the need to send them body armor at your own expense?

Can we win the war on terrorism by imposing our values on the rest of the world?

What is the Carlyle Group, and does it have any interests in Iraq?

Did you ever know that Osama bin Ladin was determined to attack the United States? What actions did you personally take in response to this information?

If you were in the Air National Guard today, where would you be stationed? Would you volunteer for combat duty?

Which do you value more, a tax break for the rich or more funding to keep terrorists away from Soviet weapons stockpiles?

Why is Dick Cheney's Energy Task Force so secretive? Was Enron Chairman Ken Lay on that task force?

In Muslim countries, many people are taught to hate America in a Madrassa. What have you done since Sept 11 to win the war of ideas with Muslims?

How big was Dick Cheney's tax break as a result of your tax cuts? How does that compare to the tax break for a fireman in New York?

What have you done to fight domestic terrorism, such as the Oklahoma City bombings and the anthrax attacks?

What exactly is Dick Cheney's relationship with current executives at Halliburton?

Have you ever faced enemy fire? What exactly did you do in your military service?

Which do you value more, a tax break for the rich or higher wages for our troops, policemen, firefighters, first responders, federal agents, and other heroes fighting on the front lines in the war on terror?

When you decided to invade Iraq, did you personally make any plans to keep the weapons of mass destruction from getting into the hands of terrorists? Can you show me those plans?
  2. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    Nice. Pity you can't get Kerry to ask these questions next time around...
  3. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Bush would only pause trying to remember what Rove/Cheney/Rummie told him to say, then start talking about 9/11 and hard work. Then Kerry would ask him again in a different way, and Bush would call him a flip-flopper. Conservatives would declare Bush victorious because something Kerry never said didn't make sense, even though he never said it. He would be labeled a flip-flopper and un-patriotic for something he said about Vietnam that he also never said.

I have some questions:

Why is my best friend in Iraq right now? Why does his wife need to live with her parents and use food stamps to care for the child he has yet to have a chance to hold? Do you have a viable exit strategy for him to leave Iraq in 1 piece? Why are we pulling people from places like Afganistan where the real terrorists were, to add them to the forces in Iraq? Why are there now terrorists in Iraq when it turns out there weren't really before? Do you have any idea how bad combat really is? Are you a flip-flopper since you ran on a campaign promise of not being a nation builder?

Why is it even when I am working, I don't have healthcare? Why is my job being sent overseas, and the companies that do this get tax breaks? Why do I pay more in taxes than people who make a lot more money than I do? Why have gas prices soared to an all time high, and who (besides people in your administration) are profiting from this? Is the Patriot Act really patriotic, even though it takes away liberty in the pursuit of temporary safety? Which Franklin and Jefferson both spoke out against? Are gay people wanting to get married, and banning stem cell research, really that important right now?

Am I a traitor for questioning you? Do people actually believe what you say just because you bring up 9/11, terrorists, the French, and Liberals? Are you a divider spreading hate by linking Liberals and the French to freedom hating, un-American, un-patriotic, terrorists?

Are you going to take responsibility for your administrations mistakes?
  4. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 25, 2002
    Please feel free to paste the original thread into an e-mail and forward it on to people you know. Or to newspaper editors. Or anyone else.

I'd like to see the president take a stab at answering any five of these. His choice. Just five. Dare ya, Mr. President!
  5. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

Nov 20, 2002
    Those are some excellent questions. With your persmission, I'd like to post them over at my myspace page. (full credit to you, of course)
  6. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 25, 2002
    As an open letter to a public figure, I believe it's public property. Feel free to improve on it. ;)
  7. solvs macrumors 603

Jun 25, 2002
    LaLaLand, CA
    Quote me all you'd like. I don't mind. No credit required, I just want it out there.
  8. katchow macrumors 6502

Feb 14, 2002
    Dayton, Ohio
    #8're sending mixed messages to our troops.
  9. Toe thread starter macrumors 65816

Mar 25, 2002
    I still haven't seen anyone trying to answer this one.

If we're supposed to be at war with, um, terror, isn't it kinda important to know who the enemy is?

Well, I suppose this answers it:
  10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    I just find it hard to think that with the billions and billions we pour into the defense establishment the president didnt know that Saddam had no WMDs and not only that but sold us and congress on nothing but a guess that was wrong.
  11. skunk macrumors G4

Jun 29, 2002
    Republic of Ukistan
    If you've already decided on the verdict before you hear the evidence, it doesn't matter how many billions you spend: you won't learn anything.
  12. Don't panic macrumors 603

Don't panic

Jan 30, 2004
    having a drink at Milliways
    I agree with this one. i think he and his administration knew perfectly well that there where no WMD, but they used these lies to win the mid-term elections and to finally do what they wanted to do from the beginning:
    to get their hands on the oil and establish permanet bases in the ME outside of Saudi Arabia.