An Open Letter to Steve Jobs, et al. at Apple Computer, Inc.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TEG, Jun 5, 2005.

1. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Having heard all the rumors about switching to the x86 Platform from the PPC platform, We, The Users of Mac OS Equipped Systems do hereby declare that if such a switch does occur, We will not be joining. We will develop our own systems using the original philosophy of Apple. Intel is not and cannot be a friend to Apple. They will destroy Apple as they have Be before them. x86 is part of the reason for Windows instability, as well as horrid up times of x86 Systems. You do this, across the board, and you will loose whatever current market-share (read: Yearly Sales) you currently hold.

Just a Word of Warning Mr. Jobs, and everyone at Apple. Switch to Intel and see an empty building in Cupertino in less than 5 years.

------
    TEG

==================
    I do not know who (or how) someone posted the above tripe under my account, but have taken steps to prevent it (including a new password). I will leave it here because I agree with one statement in it... That is: x86 is a horrible processor architecture, hopefully Apple will just switch everything to IA-64, so Intel has somewhere to finally sell their Itainium-2 Chips.
    Also, it is IBM's fault this is happening, they made grandiose promises to Steve, who then made those same promises to us. IBM never delivered, and Steve looked like a lying ****** (read: Bill Gates). Therefore, although I wish this didn't have to happen, it only figures that it would.

TEG (The Real TEG)

2. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

I disagree with the letter. A move to Intel/AMD would kick butt, as their chips seem to kick butt.

Windows Instability has nothing to do with Intel or AMD. It has to do with the 1000s of companies making different types of hardware/software, and the viruses/trojans that are implemented on PCs.

I am "pro" intel.

3. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Apple will surely cancel all plans for a processor switch because of an online petition :rolleyes:

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I don't think that there will be a processor switch. Maybe an 'add', but not a 'switch'.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

You are wrong, why shouldnt Mac Users have the best Software on the best Hardware? Im tired of slow stagnated PPC that never keeps up with PC's. Its Piss Pot Poor that Apple has to use 2 CPUs to the othersides one. As a long time Mac user i would Love a AMD Mac! Make it so Jobs! :)

6. Benjamin macrumors 6502a

Benjamin

Except it isn't a rumor really about Apple moving to x86 but Intel chips, I believe.

7. crap freakboy macrumors 6502a

crap freakboy

Time will tell.

Predict all you want but nobody can forsee what will happen to Apple if they make the switch. OSX or Longhorn? Your choice, it'd be wiser to see whats on the table first before making a knee-jerk decision.

8. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Blame Hollywood

It's about the Pentium D - released just few days ago, the dual-core chips include a hardware copy protection scheme that prevents "unauthorized copying and distribution of copyrighted materials from the motherboard. This will allow Apple to cozy up to Hollywood and fire up an iFlicks Hi-Def movie store. From Wired Magazine's website...

9. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

No... the Illuminati are ordering the switch. It's a secret underground Jew conspiracy.

10. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

MSNBC is saying this will happen :D :D :) Its about freakin time we had a real CPU instead of slow and stagnated G4s/G5s. This could be the best news yet! Imagine running the best OS on the fastest hardware. Fantastic!

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hey! Why do I get the blame? :(

12. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

Monday could be huge. I am not signing anything. I want to hear what Mr. Jobs has to say first.

13. iGary Guest

iGary

I guess the move will not bother me much if there is no change to the OS X architecture.

14. iZach macrumors 6502

yea i know! im jewish too :p

15. zach macrumors 65816

zach

God, does nobody read Slashdot...

The chips do NOT have integrated DRM. Intel says they don't. It's on Slashdot. Read it. Please.

oh, btw, I'm jewish too :D :D

16. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I guess it's a common misconception then, because initially /. and The Inquirer reported that Digital Rights Management was embedded on the chip. I see where Intel claimed that was not the case as well. Whether it's embedded or it just supports DRM, if Hollywood demands it for VOD delivery then I would bet this is Steve's gamble at living room domination. Funny how IBM and Microsoft will be working together and now Apple and Intel. Trip :rolleyes:

17. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Well, normally, no.. but with all the grammar and spelling errors, their minds will be numbed enough for it to take hold.

18. kg9ov macrumors member

Tell that to my Linux boxes...

19. xy14 macrumors 6502

xy14

im atheist.

20. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Well I'm all for bringing back human sacrifice to keep Apple from switching to x86, and I'd be willing to vote lawyers and car salesman right up to the front of the line.
    Of course this isn't quite what is expected in an open letter to Apple. [​IMG]

21. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hmm... Sun Baked, I just thought you might like to know that a rogue monkey has escaped from the jungle and infiltrated your post. :(

22. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

Right... You look like your on your own with that letter.

23. G5Zealot macrumors newbie

I'm an agnostic-atheist, transhumanist, and an objectivist. Human sacrifices have nothing to do with atheism.
    :rolleyes:

24. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

And atheism has nothing to do with getting Apple to keep the PowerPC, or keeping your post on topic. :rolleyes:

But, willingly sacrificing some lawyers to avoid the dreaded x86 might. ;)

Damn off-topic monkeys invading another useless petition thread. :(

25. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I'm with him.

Or make it to where I can run it on my AMD Athlon, and its all good baby. :p