OS X Analog gamepad for OS X

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by Dr. McKay, Apr 14, 2013.

1. Dr. McKay, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013

macrumors 6502a

I'm looking for a new gamepad for my Mac. Currently, I have a Logitech Precision Pro joypad which works great. The only downside is that it hasn't got analog controls.
    I was thinking that this might be a good one (I like Logitech quality) :
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-94...keywords=logitech+gamepad&tag=jupitebroadc-21

I don't need wireless or rumble features or any fancy stuff, just a good gamepad that just works.
    Anyone have this one and can confirm that it works without problems on the Mac ?

Edit : I HAVE been searching on Google and it seems it does work when you toggle the switch to Direct Input at the back. However, some more user feedback would be useful before I fork out 30 euros on a gamepad.

2. macrumors 68020

It looks very similar to my Logitech Rumblepad 2, which is plug'n'play and has no issues.

--Eric

3. macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Work perfectly on the Mac as long as you have it in the "D" direct Input mode. We have a number of them in the Feral offices.

When in D mode they identify themselves as Logitech Rumblepad 2 devices in your System Information USB Section. It's an easy way of telling it is in the right mode.

Or you can grab one of the new Feral games like Sonic Racing, we actually look for these pads and warn you if the pad is in the wrong mode before you start playing ;)

Edwin

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

5. macrumors 6502a

Pretty sure that's what I have and it's always worked just fine with no tweaking on my systems.

6. macrumors 6502

Why not just get an xbox 360 controller? Everything I've tried it with in OSX has supported it, and it works wonderfully in bootcamp

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't really like the feel of them and I've already got an Attack 3 Joystick and a Precision Pro joypad, both from Logitech and I really like the quality.

8. macrumors 6502a

Twimfy

PS3 Controller works nicely as well with Bluetooth.

Install Gamepad companion for the few instances where it's needed and you're good to go!

9. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Have decided on the Logitech F310, don't need rumble (F510) nor wireless (F710)...

10. macrumors 68000

RoastingPig

xbox 360 wired controller with a controller driver for mac