Analog to Digital Conversion

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by cubixcrayfish, Feb 17, 2005.

1. cubixcrayfish macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

Hi guys

I am new to Mac, I have read through all the posts on analog to digtal, most of them seem old. The Pinnacle Hollywood DV Bridge, is not available anymore, and that looked like the best option, and the pyro one is not mac compatiable anymore. I need to stay under $200 if possible, if possible I could use a Edu Discount.

Thanks guys, I have an urgent need to get 2 tapes onto DVD, and then after that I have no rush

CCF

2. Hoef macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Got a dv camcorder that you could use?

3. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Check out the video page on the apple site, peripherals:

Video stuff

There are several boxes there under £200, you might make it under $200 with the edu discount.

Otherwise, as Hoef says, get a digicam, eBay and $200 gets you a camera with DV in and out (Sony call it iLink). you'll need a 6-8 pin firewire cable too.

Connect your VHS to the camera A/V inputs, connect the FW cable to your Mac, fire up iMovie and you're set to go.

4. cubixcrayfish thread starter macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

I have a mini DV camera, was given it for Christmas, but does not have video input, just USB and firewire out...

5. cubixcrayfish thread starter macrumors member

cubixcrayfish

6. cubixcrayfish thread starter macrumors member

cubixcrayfish