Analysis: The resurgence of the Macintosh: Is it real - and ...

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Oct 22, 2005.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 601

Yvan256

What's this about a 300$US iPod and a 1000$US Mac?

Guess again, it's now 100$US (512MB shuffle) or 200$US for the iPod (2GB nano) and 500$US for the Mac (mini).

Everybody's talking about the "iPod halo effect" but nobody seems to take the Mac mini into account... Must be "expert analysts". ;)

3. macrumors regular

It was another group of "experts" that hurt the Mac in the 80s and 90s: IT techies who generally feared the Mac as a machine that might make them superfluous. Fortunately, their influence is waning and not likely to rebound, so the Mac can continue to grow.

4. macrumors 6502

There are so many things wrong with that article, I don't even know where to begin. Talk about reality distortion...

He is kidding, right? Tell me he's kidding. Let's get this straight -- he's suggesting that Apple's sales were so much higher in 2002 than in 2001 and in 2003, that they've caused another 40% sales rise three years later. Presumeably as a result of the three-year self-destruct mechanism built into Apple's iMacs at that time.

Indeed, who can forget Apple's advert pitching TextEdit against Microsoft Office? What were they thinking?

Clever. So he's saying that Apple's adverts for the iPods might actually be helping to sell Macs? Wow. I wonder if there's a name for that phenomenon...?

Understatement of the year.

5. macrumors 6502

Chacala_Nayarit

"The Iceman cometh!"

Now in 2005: "The PowerMac cometh!" :D