Analyst: Leopard Event and Ultra-Portables?

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 23, 2007.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Analyst Ben Reitzes with UBS Investment Research published (via Appleinsider) another research report this week with a couple of new predictions about Apple.

- "We believe Apple is likely to hold another event by April or May to launch Leopard and/or other new Mac products (models with larger displays at least)"

- "Apple may push iPhone technology into other products, including Macs next year and more 'ultra-portable' devices that can bridge the gap between media playing, basic wireless computing needs and even eventually some type of gaming and GPS capabilities."

In recent years, analyst reports have increasingly been the source of predictions about upcoming Apple products, though their accuracy has been very poor.

Benjamin Reitzes predictions (and his peers) are being tracked in our Guide pages.

2. macrumors regular

Another analyst speculating about make-believe future devices. Didn't we have an article just a few days ago stating that Apple was going to concentrate on the existing product line??

3. macrumors 68000

wakerider017

This is just pure speculation...

Shouldn't this be moved to page 2?

4. macrumors 68040

mattscott306

Yeah i agree with alec. I now say I'll beleive leopard when I see it.

5. macrumors regular

Nothing to see here folks. Move along, please...

6. macrumors member

rkriheli

yawn. i could post an article about it too if i read all the stuff on macrumors the past week. neeexxxt....

;)

7. macrumors P6

Peace

I am still convinced we will see Leopard by April.
    Or before.
    No later than April though.It's just a question of when Jobs wants to show it off.

8. macrumors 603

roland.g

If Apple announces an event, then Ben can report that. Till then he got squat.

9. macrumors 68040

I sure hope this happens. As I've mentioned before, if they increase the drive space in the iPhone and remove the phone and the 3G/GPRS/EDGE/whatever that's in there (leaving the wi-fi, of course) I'll buy one. iNewton, anyone :D

10. macrumors G5

nagromme

That Guide tracking analyst success rates is great. (But why no Enderle? He's in charge of a whole GROUP of analysts :) )

In general terms I agree that hardware ready shortly before Leopard would be delayed for Leopard and come out at the same time or soon after.

I think it's possible that even APPLE doesn't know yet exactly when Leopard will be ready. Work may still be incomplete on certain things.

11. macrumors 6502

Leopard in April or May.

Or June.

Or July.

Wow, what a prediction!

Do they read Tarot?

12. macrumors member

I think they'll add multi-touch functionality to the trackpads of the next 'Books (i.e. zooming in/out, custom buttons, etc). Now if only I was an analyst...

13. macrumors 65816

Yea, tell us something we don't know.

This just in... Leopard and new Macs due out sometime in 2007. Yeh, fRiCkiN Yeh!!!

14. macrumors member

baseballman1243

Blah, blah, blah, how many of these have I seen.

15. macrumors 6502a

Tortora was the wors of all the analysts, that guy just pulls things out of his glutious maximus. At least some of the other analysts have guesed at least one thing right.

16. macrumors 6502

The sad thing is that these guys make well into 6 figures to spew this stuff. Where do I apply?:confused:

Leopard will include iLife and iwork and be priced at $159.00:eek:

You guys now owe me $100,000. Just send it to my paypal account.:D

17. macrumors 6502a

fblack

apple security

Well I guess apple security is working well and overtime--no one knows squat. Maybe we should put steve jobs in charge of homeland security? :D

18. macrumors 65816

lazyrighteye

Secret Features = Google?

During a mid-afternoon session in the back stall at work yesterday, I read something in the WSJ about Google's threat to MS based on their new suite of online office-type apps: mail, spread sheet, word processing, etc.

Made me wonder if one of the secret features in Leopard has something to do with Google... possible implementation of these new Google tools in Safari and/or Finder? I know, random. Wacky.

Any of you beta boys/girls out there know if something like this could be hidden from you, thus far?

19. macrumors 68020

aricher

At this rate Leopard will HAVE to include iLife. I'm hoping the drop the year-style naming convention for iLife ('06, '07, etc.) as it wouldn't make sense to introduce iLife 2007 1/4 of the way through the year.

20. macrumors 68030

Analog Kid

Maddening isn't it? The irony is that their clients could get better information for free by watching this site.

I've been wondering how far Apple will go with their "everything's included" policy. Including Front Row was a no-brainer, but anything else?

21. macrumors 68030

Analog Kid

I know-- it'll just lead to people accusing Apple of copying Microsoft again...

22. macrumors 6502

Yup. It would be pretty silly to introduce iLife 07 in June. I seriously think that it will be included in Leopard. I don't think, however that Apple will include it with out increasing the price. It will still be a bargin, but I highly doubt they would give up all the cash that selling iLife over and over to everyone has generated.

23. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, thanks Captain Obvious.

"And this year, Apple will continue selling iPods, and making money from them." Someone check his crystal ball. I think it's just getting RSS feeds from MacRumours.

24. macrumors member

How much does this Analyst make?

I predict Apple will bring out something new in the next 6 months.

25. macrumors regular

nsjoker

Any moron can predict this. This is eventually where all tech companies will go. More portable devices with basic wireless computing needs? Duh.