And I thought the original nintendo DS was ugly!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Peyton, May 8, 2006.

1. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

2. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

That is pretty ugly.. good thing it's a fake.

3. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

too bad it's a fake. Xbox to go would be sweet! (only if it played original xbox discs)

4. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

I agree. This thing is definitly a fake. No way any half decent designers and engineers would come up with something like this. The lid can't even close without squishing in the thumbsticks. I'm pretty sure Microsoft has a portable console on the drawing board but it won't be like this.

5. yadmonkey macrumors 65816

yadmonkey

Pam Anderson's "2 claims to fame" are more real than that.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm all for fakes and mockups. but please. At least display realistic graphics for a handheld.

Plus, whats with handhelds wanting to be like big consoles? Handhelds have and were always meant to be basic, simple fun games. whoever did the mock up needs a lesson in gaming.

7. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Seems feasible but im not convinced Microsoft are bothered about entering the portable gaming market, if they are we'll probbably hear about it at there E3 conferance tommoorw....

SHadoW

8. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

yep, the thing has more buttons than a normal xbox controller, and what's with the shape?! :confused:

9. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

That thing should not be classed as fake...its still ugly though.

Bless

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Apparently they are, but I heard such vehement comments against the idea. Such as the market being saturated already and such.

If they do, I think it will be just a new form of Pocket PC with a powerful 3D chip inside. As aimed towards gaming as the N-Gage was.

11. DougTheImpaler macrumors 6502a

If that's the case I hope it uses the Atari Jaguar's layout for its controls...a numberpad and a controller all in one. A game machine that can call your in-laws and tell them what a bad influence you've been on their daughter.

12. RoxStrongo macrumors regular

RoxStrongo

i can't see anything that takes 12cm media being portable. it just seems like a horrible concept. at least psp has the whole convergence thing going for it. ms wouldn't know how to not just put a pc in a different box.

13. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

They should know better than to make such a sub-par fake...a Microsoft handheld would weigh 10 pounds and be a foot-and-a-half long. But it would be powerful.

14. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

and of course, rushed to market, and soon updated to the dismay and horror of rev A adopters...