And if it isn't tomorrow?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macaddicted, Sep 4, 2006.

  1. macaddicted macrumors regular

    macaddicted

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Down on Copperline...
    #1
    So for all who are hoping for a MBP or MB upgrade for tomorrow, what will you do if it isn't announced tomorrow? And, alternately, if it isn't announced next week?
     
  2. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
  3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

    iBookG4user

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2006
    Location:
    Seattle, WA
    #3
    Well they have until early October because that's when I'll have the money and if it isn't updated by then, I will be disapointed but I will get the MBP I can afford even if it is yonah. Which would be VERY unfortunate because I could really use the extra juice that Merom would give.
     
  4. stefman macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2002
    #4
    If it isn't announced tomorrow, I'll be sad, worried.

    If it isn't announced next week, I'll be in trouble. My current PB has to be used for a project by the 3rd week of Sept and I was hoping to replace it with a shiny new MBP. I don't want to buy one next week to have the update the week after.

    :eek: :D
     
  5. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #5
    Throw another spanner into the works. What if its announced tomorrow/next week but its not shipping for a month?
     
  6. shecky Guest

    shecky

    Joined:
    May 24, 2003
    Location:
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    #6
    i will wait until whenever the merom lapzilla is announced and then buy it. :)

    my hope is that we will see it tomorrow with the 12th being more ipod/itunes/imac stuff.

    my guess is......... i have no idea.
     
  7. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #7
    Well I just sold a Macbook at a $100 loss in preparation for the MBP, so I will be rather pissed off!

    Then again I can probably buy a Merom Mini if it comes out during the expo :)
     
  8. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

    SpaceMagic

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2003
    Location:
    Cardiff, Wales
    #8
    Sooner or later they're going to have to bring out a new iPod. It hasn't been updated for nearly a year and there are some bloody good mp3 players on the market!
     
  9. generik macrumors 601

    generik

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2005
    Location:
    Minitrue
    #9
    But can you play your iTMS bought music library with those? :rolleyes:
     
  10. Silentwave macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    May 26, 2006
    Location:
    Gainesville, FL
    #10
    I predict tomorrow will see a sharp uptick in the number of incidents of seppuku among mac users/switchers.
     
  11. zap2 macrumors 604

    zap2

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2005
    Location:
    Washington D.C
    #11
    God..I would love a new iPod...my 60Gb has a small space between the metal and plastic at the top. I'd love to buy a new iPod to replace it
     
  12. pianoman macrumors 68000

    pianoman

    Joined:
    May 31, 2006
    #12
    hopefully we as a community can control ourselves. i'm doubtful that we'll see anything until october and hopeful that we'll see something as early as next week. perhaps tomorrow will bring a quiet upgrade but nothing major.

    speculation is what makes it fun :cool:
     
  13. poppe macrumors 68020

    poppe

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2006
    Location:
    Woodland Hills
    #13
    I'll just have to keep on waiting until September 25 when class starts...
    Been waiting since the MBP 17" came out. I said well might as well wait until class starts. Can aquire more funds till then anyways... well i'm still waiting... and will be if they dont come out...
     
  14. matttrick macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 28, 2006
    #14
    i will cry

    and then wait 1 more week

    and then cry and pull the trigger
     
  15. macaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

    macaddicted

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Down on Copperline...
    #15
    Actually it was announced at WWDC, but the Apple PR guy was whispering and no one heard him. :D
     
  16. macaddicted thread starter macrumors regular

    macaddicted

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2002
    Location:
    Down on Copperline...
    #16
    I suppose it's better than the seppuku mentioned above.

     
  17. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #17
    I see ;)
     
  18. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

    Scarlet Fever

    Joined:
    Jul 22, 2005
    Location:
    Bookshop!
    #18
    which is most likely going to happen...

    i reckon the MPB/MBs are great as they are. sure, 64 bit sounds better than 32, but very few programs are written for 64 bit, so the performance boost is going to be small, if noticable at all. my 1.83GHz MacBook does everything i do exceptionally well, and i can assume a 2.16GHz would suffice fof most pros.

    As the old saying goes; if you need one now, get one. if you can wait, wait!
     
  19. MattDell macrumors 6502

    MattDell

    Joined:
    Sep 2, 2006
    Location:
    London, UK
    #19
    That's my plan of attack. :cool:
     
  20. dmw007 macrumors G4

    dmw007

    Joined:
    May 26, 2005
    Location:
    Working for MI-6
    #20
    And if it isn't tomorrow?

    The world will come to an end as we now know it. :p ;) :D
     
  21. poppe macrumors 68020

    poppe

    Joined:
    Apr 29, 2006
    Location:
    Woodland Hills
    #21
    Well keep on waiting for the Powerbook G5 instead
     
  22. FFTT macrumors 68030

    FFTT

    Joined:
    Apr 17, 2004
    Location:
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
    #22
    Sucks having to make up your mind don't it?

    I'd be prepared to hold through September 16th.

    The Education Store promo ends on the 16th.

    It's a leap of faith.

    Some will fly too close to the sun and get burned.
     
  23. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #23
    i agree here
     
  24. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

    gadgetgirl85

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2006
    #24
    Me too. As I've said previously why would they release new models with their promotion? I seriously doubt it. They would be wanting to get out as much old stock as they possibly can with this deal. Just makes sense to me :)
     
  25. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 30, 2004
    #25
    If Merom isn't announced, I'll probably hit a few pedestrians, to quell my rage.

    No, really, I'll shrug and keep waiting.
     

Share This Page