and now POS macbook screws up color on display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by plunar, Jan 2, 2007.

1. plunar macrumors 6502

Sep 7, 2003
    right now everything on my screen is tinted blue, like someone just played with the temperature control in photoshop and turned all the way down. in the displays preferences i just get a "beep" error if i try to change the color profile to something else. the only way to fix it is restart.

i'm getting pretty pissed off because so far i get:
    1. kernel panics in 6 languages
    2. auto restarts when i close the lid
    3. crappy speakers
    4. now a screwed up color profile

the thing is, i cannot reliably reproduce ANY of these at the genius bar except the crappy sounding speakers, which the genius says is normal. but this **** IS happening EVERY OTHER GOD DAMN DAY. how can i get apple to see that there is a problem here? the "geniuses" just shrug and say "looks fine to me." argh!
  2. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

Jul 28, 2006
    yea not much you can do apple is pretty crappy nowadays:(
  3. plunar thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 7, 2003
    i don't know man. i hear a lot of people complain about "whines" and crap, but that's really a non-issue in my book. my problems have a very real impact on my productivity when i lose an hour's worth of work because my laptop felt like restarting when i close the lid or having a kernal panic. christ i'd be happy with a damn whine as long as it worked properly.
  4. ldkaplan macrumors regular

Jul 8, 2002
    N. Georgia
    Panic and restarts should show up in the system logs..I've not explored OS X yet, but check /var/log

Edit: Check out this apple article:

I'd take a quick picture...hard to disprove that.