And people say Mac users are uber-fanatics...I lol at stuff like this...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by VoodooDaddy, Jan 25, 2007.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

I realize alot of Mac users are over the top disciples of Steve Jobs. Im not one of those. I rarely ever push anyone to get a Mac. But I was at another forum, a sports forum, and this guy was asking for computer help. He wanted some suggestions for a 2nd computer for basic things like email, web, etc.

He also said he was leaning towards a notebook. I simply suggested checking the apple store for a refurb macbook which they have frequently. Took some of the usual barbs, but 1 guy specifically had to reply:

"real men dont use Macs" :rolleyes:

I replied to him simply "Im sure youve never even used a Mac." His reply to that:

"Look dude I am happy for you.

Hope you find a nice man purse that matches your macs.

But in a computer e penis pissing match with me its pro's vs joes.

And you are def the joe.

And you guessed wrong about using or working on Macs.

It has it place, much like the electric weedeater if you catch my drift."

So a computer advice thread once again deteriorates into "Macs suck, my penis is bigger." What a doucebag.

:cool:

2. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

3. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

Tell him real men try things out before forming opinions. He probably tried out Macs pre-OS X.

Or ask him what hardware he has, and then tell him about your fully decked out Mac Pro.

That'll shut the bastard up.

** Thought of a better idea. Tell him you're working with BlueGene/L.

5. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

He's already gone on and on in that thread about what video card to get, "make sure you have 2gb of ram." So....you need a top end graphics card and 2gb of ram for basic light duty stuff? I guess with Vista you might :eek:

Hardcore gamers are obviously the BIGGEST Mac haters there are. It doesnt matter if you preface your own comments with "I dont play games" which I did. They still feel the need to say "you cant play this or that."

Anyway, just found it comical.

6. UserofMacOSX macrumors member

UserofMacOSX

I can't stand people like that. They irritate me to the point of a never ending argument (which I usually win, just saying) before the thread must be locked.:apple:

7. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Same.

They're just irritating, short sighted, scared-of-change PC users. Ignore them!

8. janey macrumors 603

janey

Not trying to rain on the party or anything, but OS X is hardly usable for anything with anything less than a minimum of 512-768mb ram. Unless you look at one page in Safari, close it...open Mail to write an email...leave that running and play some songs in iTunes.. 1gb ram is reasonable even for a low end machine, for both macosx and winxp/vista...2gb is pushing it, but it doesn't hurt to have more RAM if you can afford it.

And truth be told, gamers have to hate on Macs because Apple only bundles sh*tty graphics cards even with the intel macs, so even if you could run x or y game, it would perform like crap. Plus at the cost of getting a semi-reasonable card in an Intel Mac, it would probably be cheaper to build a rig from scratch with a good card than it would be to get the Mac. Only in this special case though.

9. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

10. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

What is wrong with the GeForce 7800GT, the X1900 or the FX 4500?

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Tell the jerk that you're sorry his masculinity is threatened. If he gets his manhood from a piece-o'-crap operating system, the boy's got problems.

12. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Erm those cards are only available on a $3000 tower...

Wake me up again when the iMacs get those fine cards. That said Macs do not need a nice graphics card though, it is not like Vista, and there are virtually no Mac games.

13. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Just tell him that you always thought that Pro's use Unix/Linux! ;)

14. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

His is probably tiny. Otherwise he wouldn't think about it so much - he'd be using it.:p

15. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I have nothing but the highest regard for wizened people who use phrases like, "if you catch my drift" and "you know what I'm sayin'." Captains of industry they are, and matured in every form of wisdom until their very essence shines as if illuminated by some unseen torch.

16. JBazz macrumors 6502

:eek:

LMBO. I love it! Women are so vendictive and I mean it in the nicest non-lesbian way possible!! .

17. amd4me macrumors 6502

Best post of the week by far.

18. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

There are nicer lesbian ways to mean it? :eek:

19. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Nothing here offends me. I've used both pc and mac and the differences pan out to different segments of a demographic. Calling someone a jerk for using a mac is just pointless.

20. JBazz macrumors 6502

Sorry! I just saw I quoted "some guy". Thought he was a woman from his avatar. I meant I love women in a non-lesbian way. Even if we are vendictive as hell.

21. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

No, I'm definitely some guy. The avatar is just typical male behavior in that every opportunity to post a picture of a good looking woman is gladly taken. :D

22. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhh, I do love women too. Well, some of them. And in a non-lesbian way. :eek: