And so it begins: Ballot trouble in Florida

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Durandal7, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001

*Sigh* :(
  2. Bobcat37 macrumors member

Jul 27, 2004
    Hahaha, now that is a great quote. Anyway, this news story is very disheartening. I'm sick of hearing people (all Democrats of course) complain about the 2000 elections... this problem seriously needs to be fixed. I'll go nuts if I have hear about the 2004 election being "stolen" somehow a few months from now, lol...

Really, with the technology we have, you think we could build a reliable machine whose sole purpose is to COUNT. I mean come on!

Wait wait wait, I think I just figured it all out. The reason they are having so much trouble is probably because they are using a Windows-based OS and not a Mac based one.. Duh! :D
  3. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    I'll go nuts if I have to endure the 2004 being stolen somehow a few months from now.
  4. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

Jun 13, 2003
    Looks like we don't even need hackers to mess with these electronic systems, we just need low batteries and poorly-trained pollworkers.

If anyone with any real power says we should try Internet voting for political races, well, them's fightin' words...
  5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    It makes you wonder how Miami-Dade and Broward counties ever function. They continuously make mistakes. I'm surprised that they have not complained that the instructions were in English instead of Spanish.

Miami-Dade was recently made to have police posted at each polling place to make sure someone was there when the polls were supposed to open at 5:30 a.m. because the poll workers didn't show up on time during the previous election.

From everything local news is providing, things should be even more eventful during the 2004 election--all over Floriduh.
  6. Colirio macrumors newbie

Jul 28, 2004
    Zion in the tops of the mountains...

Considering how we haven't lived through one being stolen so far then I see no reason to assume 2004 will be any different. A majority of people in Florida voting for the winner hardly makes it a stolen election...