And there's one more thing...????

Discussion in 'Event Archives' started by ghall, Jan 9, 2007.

1. macrumors 68040

ghall

My favorite part of Stevenotes are the "One More Thing"s. I'm so depressed now.

2. macrumors P6

~Shard~

Yeah, it doesn't look like we're getting one this year... :(

3. macrumors 68020

ipedro

No Leopard? No iLife? No iWork? Macs? MacWorld??

I'm impressed with the iPhone and heard what I expected about the Apple TV (the name isn't original, seems like a work in progress) but I was looking forward to hearing all the Top Secret Leopard features and improvements to iWeb.

4. macrumors 6502

ThunderLounge

Is this a gadget expo, or what?

Not that the iPhone isn't pretty snazzy, although cingular can bite me (and sprint too), but where's the computers? Not a single mention?

[ B. S. ]
    |
    |
    |
    |
    |
    ---------

There. Flags raised.

5. macrumors 601

xsedrinam

I'm surprised there was nothing on Leopard. Thought for sure that would be tucked into the "one more thing".

6. macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

Yea, that is very strange. They better have something planned for 2 weeks or early February. Maybe it had something to do with CES being at the same time. Maybe they wanted to make a "splash".

7. macrumors newbie

So what happened?

8. EGT
    macrumors 68000

EGT

My gosh. No Leopard, iWork, iLife, or computer updates! :eek:

As great as the Apple TV and iPod phone are, I thought there would have been more.

In saying that, ol' Stevie won't be long in letting us know when they're on the way.

9. thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

I don't know. The iPhone and the Mac TV is amazing, but somehow this keynote left me wanting.....more.

10. macrumors 6502a

Manzana

so true, I wanted a computer announcement...anything, even a speed bump or an official tiger release date.

11. macrumors 601

Didn't you notice the name change? There is no more "Apple Computer, Inc", only "Apple, Inc". What does that say about their priorities?

12. macrumors newbie

Maybe the release of the software, except 10.5, will be quieter that normal because of the phone and what not. The keynote was already 2 hours long...

13. macrumors P6

~Shard~

It was a typo - it was supposed to read not talking about the Mac. :cool:

14. macrumors 6502a

mustard

15. macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Well, Tiger's not ready for release, so talking about it isn't nearly as interesting as the iPhone, which judging by Apple's stock today was a hit. Any computer updates are probably incremental, and I guess iLife and iWork aren't ready yet either.

Otherwise, expect another event soon!

16. thread starter macrumors 68040

ghall

Some how, I am saddened by this news. I just hope this dosen't mean that the quality of their computers will wane.

17. macrumors 6502

jhero

I guess all mac stuff comes at WWDC :/

18. macrumors 68000

dextertangocci

I was surprised. I thought the one more thing was going to be Leopard. Only 3 new products were anounced at MWSF:( What about te Macs? It's meant to be MACworld:rolleyes:

19. macrumors 601

I think Steve announced the "one last thing" and everybody missed it. The company name changed from "Apple Computer, Inc." to "Apple, Inc". Get ready for more keynotes like this one where the entertainment devices are center stage, and the computers, if mentioned at all, are an also-ran. Apple has been in the process of reforming themselves for years and people refused to notice. Well, that time is here, for good or bad. I think we all need to get used to the fact that Mac computers are now nothing more than generic pc boxes with a little Apple "polish" on the outside. They are no longer big business at Apple.

EDIT: That, to me, makes this a very sad day for Apple the computer innovator. I wish I had known them back in the old days, but I bought my first Mac less than 2 years ago (the initial Mac Mini G4). Ah well...

20. macrumors 68030

apfhex

You mean Leopard. However, the iPhone isn't ready for release either. Well, maybe it is, but the FCC needs to approve it. June. Probably after Leopard is already out.

I didn't know what was going to be "one more thing", but I definitely expected Leopard to be the FIRST THING HE TALKED ABOUT, if not 8-core Mac Pros or something. I could care less about some unexciting hardware updates though, I just wanted to hear about the software! The iPhone and TV are cool and all, but I've no interest in buying them right now. Disappointing.

21. macrumors 6502a

millar876

i predict a one mor thing event soon,

and leopards relase some time very closely after vista home is out to the public (or home professional extreme or whatever version is for regular punters)

22. macrumors member

Disappointed

Three "new" products released:
    AppleTV- which we knew of
    iPhone- unless you live under a rock, you knew of
    Airport Extreme- thats...nice

The Keynote was disappointing. The iPhone is amazing, with all the fancy new technologies in it. However, it is a. Horribly expensive (wasnt it weird how Steve talked about how expensive other smart phones are, when the iPhone is priced higher? 4g for 499?) and b. Not even ready for release yet. It would have been a much better idea to keep the rumors and fans waiting for the actual iPhone to be released, and focus this Keynote on updated products- iLife, iWork, my damn full screen true video iPod I have been waiting a year for, Leopard sneak peaks, etc.. The most disappointing thing is that there wasnt anything introduced that is available right now, that I want right now. It was an empty Keynote.

23. macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

:confused: Where the F**K are the Macs? :confused:

24. macrumors regular

Moo-Boo

Worst Keynote ever...

I can't believe I lost one night's sleep for this...THIS!! No Leopard, no 12" MacBook Pro or ModBook, just stuff I can't have. The iPhone won't be available down here in Australia I believe until 2008! The name change from Apple Computer Inc. to Apple Inc. also rang an ominous note. The future could indeed be quite a bleak place for the Mac faithful...

25. macrumors member

Well if this is true I think that Apple's making a big mistake. This year I will be making the switch to a MBP from a PC. That's right. I haven't even SWITCHED YET, and now all this talk about Apple Comp Inc becoming Apple Inc. is making me doubt my decision. I'm not making the switch so I can have my $3,500 computer be one of their lesser priorities...