And we end 2006 on a sad note: 3000 soldiers dead in Iraq

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Feb 14, 2004
    The 3000th American soldier of the war died Wednesday at a Texas military hospital, according to CNN.

Ready for more of the same in 2007? :(
  2. miloblithe macrumors 68020

Nov 14, 2003
    Washington, DC
    It's really depressing following the casualty trends, largely because we have so much data.

The numbers are trending up again. They had been, to some degree, trending down for about a year until the last 5 months or so. This time of year is usually the roughest, but the last three months have been horrifically high. Generally, the February-March numbers are lower. If these high numbers continue through those months, then that's probably a sign that things are starting to get much, much worse.
  3. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    Another sad milestone.

It could last six days, six weeks. I doubt six months." --Donald Rumsfeld

Sadly, such gross incompetence has left American soldiers paying the price with their lives.
  4. leekohler macrumors G5

Dec 22, 2004
    Chicago, Illinois
    Yeah. And I just had a horrible thought-stubeef is over there at this very moment. I have missed him the last few months since he was deployed. I hope he's OK.
  5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Dec 21, 2002
    Yahooville S.C.
    Lets hope Stu doesnt become a statistic for Bush's big plan to get Saddam. Seems everyone in the country knows this wasnt needed except for the guys who made this happen. Before America goes to war We the people should decide rather then the politicians we have. Its pretty sick that that George duped Congress who was to politicaly scared to question what the real evidence was. A war and no WMDs?
    Allways got a laugh just looking at his avatar.:D
  6. MACDRIVE macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Clovis, California
    I never liked his avatar, but I do hope he's alright.