1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Andale Mono bold???

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by BEET, Jan 2, 2007.

1. macrumors member

Happy New Year!

I'm designing a publication in Adobe InDesign CS2 and am using the Andale Mono font, annoyingly I can only find the regular version of this font in my font library, even though I have a bold version in Microsoft Word. Any body know if it's possible to find a bold version of this font in 10.4??

thanks.

2. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Is Word generating a fake bold from plain old Andale Mono, or do you actually have a bold variant listed in the font menu?

The real bold version is sold by Monotype, and fortunately they don't want very much for it. link.

3. macrumors member

Hi, yeh you're right, it was a fake bold. Is $44 cheap for a font? The only reason I ask is that a friend said they had downloaded it for free from somewhere?

thanks.

4. macrumors member

Do you know of there's anyway to fake 'bold' the font in InDesign?

5. macrumors G3

iMeowbot

The price is USD22 that if you only buy the bold (the Volume version includes the plain, which I assume you already have).

It's not a free font, though I'm sure that plenty of people have grabbed it without paying.

I guess you could add a stroke to make it fatter.

6. macrumors member

silly me. you can fake it using the character weight palette.

thanks for the help.

7. macrumors member

sorry, i just posted my solution before checking your reply. yeh you're right. thanks iMeowbot.