Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
GO SMS installed too. Those bastards sending me text SPAM.

I'm going to replace it with ADW. I already purchase ADW last year during the Google sale.

I don't really care about Go Launcher, but Go SMS is the best messaging app for Android so I don't want to uninstall that.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
I doubt that the iPhone 5 problems are that widespread and even more so doubt that the iPad Mini sales sucked. Try to be more objective towards all platforms.

here is a link to a Google search on iPhone 5 issues. Check the first 100 or so pages. Hell, look at the iPhone part of this forum. You are in denial if you think the iPhone doesn't have massive worldwide issues with bending, denting, scratching, lightbleed, etc issues!

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3Bcpsugrpq2&gs_nf=3&gs_rn=0&gs_ri=tablet-gws&tok=63VS_yBFh14N73Kb--5qlg&gs_is=1&cp=11&gs_id=14&xhr=t&q=iphone+5+issues&pf=p&sclient=tablet-gws&tbo=d&oq=iphone+5+is&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&fp=bd4dc22eabe95804&bpcl=39314241&biw=966&bih=559

dalbir4444

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2012
I don't have a texting plan, so I pay 25 cents per text. I'm not going keep paying them to send me text SPAM.

That sounds a bit expensive. I have a prepaid plan, and I get incoming texts for free and outgoing for 10 cents.

----------

here is a link to a Google search on iPhone 5 issues. Check the first 100 or so pages. Hell, look at the iPhone part of this forum. You are in denial if you think the iPhone doesn't have massive worldwide issues with bending, denting, scratching, lightbleed, etc issues!

https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sugexp=les%3Bcpsugrpq2&gs_nf=3&gs_rn=0&gs_ri=tablet-gws&tok=63VS_yBFh14N73Kb--5qlg&gs_is=1&cp=11&gs_id=14&xhr=t&q=iphone+5+issues&pf=p&sclient=tablet-gws&tbo=d&oq=iphone+5+is&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.&fp=bd4dc22eabe95804&bpcl=39314241&biw=966&bih=559

I don't have an iPhone 5 so it really doesn't matter to me. BTW, you can replace iPhone 5 with any other phone, and you will still get a lot of search queries.

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
[/URL]

Really?

Nexus 4 is out less than one month and I'm guessing there are less than 1 million owners since many people who ordered still haven't gotten theirs yet. iPhone 5 has been out for months and probably over 10 milion users.

Google "iphone 5" issues.

65,000,000 results

Google "nexus 4" issues.

26,400,000 results

Not sure what that proves.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Really?

Nexus 4 is out less than one month and I'm guessing there are less than 1 million owners since many people who ordered still haven't gotten theirs yet. iPhone 5 has been out for months and probably over 10 milion users.

Google "iphone 5" issues.

65,000,000 results

Google "nexus 4" issues.

26,400,000 results

Not sure what that proves.

Let me help you out. I was responding to Mr. Denial's comment that the iphone 5's issues are not widespread. Here is what he said. And yes, iPad Mini sales figures will be pathetic this quarter. Apple is already projecting less than 1/3 to 1/2 of initial estimates. Time for that Apple stock to take another nose dive.

I doubt that the iPhone 5 problems are that widespread and even more so doubt that the iPad Mini sales sucked. Try to be more objective towards all platforms.

technowar

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Cebu, Philippines
I had heard of the screen lift issues on the initial batch of the Nexus 7's, but that was resolved. There will always be some bad units in manufacturing, but I haven't heard of anywidespread speaker or pixel issues with the Nex7. Mine is perfect, as was the 16gb version I sold. The issues with the iPhone 5 are widespread and continue to persist. It bends, dents and scratches easily.

Actually batches from C60 to C90 are affected with different issues. They (Google/Asus) should have fixed all the defects on their C70 batches but they didn't.

Bends? Dents? Scratches? Do you get them right outside the box? No.

Bends - too bad iPhone does bend. So granted you apply the same force on your NX7, will it bend or break directly?

Dents/Scratches - I bet every phone will. Except if you are very careful with it.

Screen lift, dead pixels, busted speakers? Do you get them right outside the box? Yes.

Aren't you just a little carried away because you don't like iPhone or iOS?

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Let me help you out. I was responding to Mr. Denial's comment that the iphone 5's issues are not widespread. Here is what he said. And yes, iPad Mini sales figures will be pathetic this quarter. Apple is already projecting less than 1/3 to 1/2 of initial estimates. Time for that Apple stock to take another nose dive.

How does that prove it's widespread? If going by your google search results.

If there are 10x more iphone 5 in used than compared to Nexus 4, but only 2.5x more results on "issues" reported, wouldn't that mean Nexus 4 problems is more widespread by than iPhone 5 by 400%?

So if 1 in 1000 iphone 5 have issues, there would be 4 in 1000 nexus 4 phones with issues.

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Actually batches from C60 to C90 are affected with different issues. They (Google/Asus) should have fixed all the defects on their C70 batches but they didn't.

Bends? Dents? Scratches? Do you get them right outside the box? No.

Bends - too bad iPhone does bend. So granted you apply the same force on your NX7, will it bend or break directly?

Dents/Scratches - I bet every phone will. Except if you are very careful with it.

Screen lift, dead pixels, busted speakers? Do you get them right outside the box? Yes.

Aren't you just a little carried away because you don't like iPhone or iOS?

I pre-ordered an iPhone 5. Not only did it come with dings and dents, but also a nice stain. Right out of the box! Returned it and bought a second S3. Both were perfect. And I don't use a case for my S3 and it stays in my front pocket. Unlike the crap made iPhone, I have no dings, scratches or bending issues after nearly 6 months of abuse. I bet your iPhone is in a cheap plastic case to protect it from scratches, don't you. LOL

I have bought two Nexus 7's and both were and have been perfect. Only issues I have ever seen reported with any frequency, was the screen lift issue. The iPhone 5 issues are everywhere and have been reported on by every tech news outlet. iPhone 5 is the worst iPhone ever made.

Unlike you, I live in reality and admit the issues with Android based products. You on the other hand? If it has an Apple logo, it must be perfect. All those people having issues are imagining them. :rolleyes:

hyteckit

Jul 29, 2007
Not sure if I like ADWLauncher EX. Seems lacking in features and widgets compared to GO Launcher. Will give it a try for a few days.

It does seem faster than GO Launcher though.

technowar

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
Cebu, Philippines
I pre-ordered an iPhone 5. Not only did it come with dings and dents, but also a nice stain. Right out of the box! Returned it and bought a second S3. Both were perfect. And I don't use a case for my S3 and it stays in my front pocket. Unlike the crap made iPhone, I have no dings, scratches or bending issues after nearly 6 months of abuse. I bet your iPhone is in a cheap plastic case to protect it from scratches, don't you. LOL

I have bought two Nexus 7's and both were and have been perfect. Only issues I have ever seen reported with any frequency, was the screen lift issue. The iPhone 5 issues are everywhere and have been reported on by every tech news outlet. iPhone 5 is the worst iPhone ever made.

Unlike you, I live in reality and admit the issues with Android based products. You on the other hand? If it has an Apple logo, it must be perfect. All those people having issues are imagining them. :rolleyes:

I must say you were bitching about the iPhone 5 you got, and decided to get an SGS3 instead. You must be one of those lucky bastards who got a problem with their pre ordered phone. Congratulations!

Oh and unlike you, I don't need to buy all the new devices in the world. I'm fine with my 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.