Mobile OSs Android to Apple looking for advice on navigation

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by emacna1, Jun 28, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

I've had my iPhone for a couple weeks now and just used the navigation for the first time. I understand that iOS 6 will improve maps and add turn by turn, but what can I do for now until then?

2. macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

buy tomtom or garmin app, I have both they work great. They don't use data at all since the app is already on the phone. I hear navigon works great too.

3. macrumors Core

alphaod

I would suggest TomTom or Garmin, both have very good turn-by-turn directions, regular map updates, preloaded maps. These let it work off-line and consistently. You don't need data to be on for directions to work.

4. macrumors P6

MacDawg

Waze is prolly the best free app
    I use Navigon

5. macrumors 6502a

6. JMG
    macrumors 6502a

JMG

I've used navigon in the past and it works quite well. Waze and sigalert for traffic updates.

7. macrumors 604

cynics

8. macrumors 6502a

TomTom is on sale right now, and is by far the best navigation on any mobile device in my opinion. I am still amazed at how it gives me routes that I've never thought of, and no other GPS has brought me, yet get me to my destination significantly faster than ever.

I do think you need to pay for HD Traffic to get the most out of it, however.