Angler catches fish - wearing his wedding ring

Discussion in 'Community' started by emw, Feb 18, 2005.

1. emw macrumors G4

emw

This isn't new news (a week or so old) but I didn't see anything posted after doing a search. This is actually kind of interesting - this guy catches a sailfish, is going through a divorce, and puts his wedding ring on the fish. Three years later, he catches the same fish. Weird.

Link

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I think your signature says it all...

This is pretty hard to believe.

3. emw thread starter macrumors G4

emw

That's what everyone has thought, but apparently he's taken a lie-detector test (and passed) and he has witnesses.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

:)

This is just like Big Fish (the movie), isn't it?

:)

Stories like that make me smile. Not that they aren't lies. ;)

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

sounds fishy to me, sorry i couldnt resist, but who knows if it is a lie or not, but passing a lie-detector test doesnt mean anything, there are ways around that, and all it means is that the guy is convinced it is the truth, doesnt mean that it is the truth, just his perspective on it

6. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

while unlikely, something like that happened to my father a couple years ago. He was surf fishing one morning and lost an expensive lure when a fish hit it. Three weeks later, he lands a striper with his lure still caught in its lip (he was pretty sure it was his due to the lure being exactly the same as his, and it was tied exactly the same way he ties his lures.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well maybe it just is a small small teeny weeny world we live in

8. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Maybe it was the spouse of the original fish he caught - it was released and got married under the sea and gave the ring to the significant other during the ceremony. Then they went to school and she wandered away and was caught and then the spouse swam the ocean to find her...or something...

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Obviously this is telling him to get back together with his divorced wife.

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Truly an amazing story. I think I remember hearing his on the news. Sometimes strange things happen, such as a bottle returning that has been sent out to sea.

11. killuminati macrumors 68020

killuminati

Interesting story. Although it is very fishy and hard to believe, things like that do happen. I'm sure everyone has had a 'small world' story happen to them. His just happened to be a little bit fishier :p